The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Soldato
Noice about the A7IV!

Can someone clarify/spot the mistake in this offer? Dixons Travel at Stansted airport are offering an A7iii for £1499 with 10% off if you do click and collect. However I think you can use the cash back offer from Sony with this so that would make it £1,200 for the body. Surely that's good to be true?

Not the most flexible offer but a steal nonetheless. Though I assume it only comes with a 1 year warranty :(.
Don't you have to be flying to get access to the shop? I've seen it on HUKD, think you need a boarding pass as it's duty free.

Soldato
Got my A7RIV this morning, first impressions much better than A7RIII in terms of feel and the EVF is miles better.

Will hopefully get time to test image quality, focus etc over the weekend.

r41.jpg

r42.jpg

Associate
Let us know how you get on with it, I'd be especially interested in hearing your thoughts on the EVF compared to the R3.

Got around to messing with the camera this weekend. Not used the R3 before, my other camera is the A9 which I assume has the same EVF as the R3? If comparing the A9 and R4 EVF, the R4 is clearly better but I wouldn't say it's miles better as some reviews say. (maybe its something to do with age :D).

Haven't been able to go outside to shoot this weekend as the weather has been a bit rubbish due to the typhoon.

Anyways, here are some raw files directly from the camera unedited:
http://mofeiQnap.myqnapcloud.com:8082/share.cgi?ssid=0n3lNEo

Last edited:
Caporegime
I meant in terms of the headline specs - fast FPS, IBIS, Z battery, hundreds of AF points, real time AF (human and animal), 4K video and the price :p (considering you could get the A7iii for a touch under £1500 last weekend).

Absolutely agree the A7iii is the better camera.

Back
Top Bottom