msvcp100.dll missing!

Associate
I have just downloaded the Heavan benchmark and it will not open. it is saying . Browser x86.exe error.

msvcp100.dll not found. I am using a fresh install of windows 10 on my new zen2 build and i have had no issues up untill now with only this one program . My visual C++ has been re installed along with heavan but still this issue. Has anybody any ideas??

Caporegime
Plenty of things to try on Google. I just searched it for you. Is it the latest C++ redist package you are installing? Or does Heaven try to install a package as part of the installation?

Associate
OP
The latest C++ is installed 2015-2019. heavan does not specificly say it is downloading its own dll.
I am going down the pub anyway add will deal with it tommorow. Thanks for the quick reply and help though..

Associate
I did a new install of Windows 10 a few days ago and couldn't get the old Unigine benchmarks to run either. Tried a few of the older C++ installs but still no luck it went from requesting the missing file to an application error. Then just decided to play games instead.

Associate
OP
I did a new install of Windows 10 a few days ago and couldn't get the old Unigine benchmarks to run either. Tried a few of the older C++ installs but still no luck it went from requesting the missing file to an application error. Then just decided to play games instead.
Yep,decided old software does not work ! who gives a SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTT. Get on with life.....

Associate
Did you install the 32-bit version as that is what it requires since the visual C++ redists come in 32 and 64 bit variants which aren't installed in the same location and applications that call for one or the other will only look in the directory that variant would be installed in.

Associate
For anyone else having the issue, occasionally some applications require the relevant/"missing" .dll to be located in the same folder as the executable as well. I've faced that issue in the past. So if installing the C++ redist package doesn't resolve it try copying the .dll to the same folder as the affected program.

Back
Top Bottom