2500 new build

Associate
Hi,

Looking to come back to the pc scene after being without one for a couple of years. A house move and spare office room is too much temptation, so it needs to be done!

As I haven't had a pc for a while I'm pretty clueless as to what offers the best value for money.

I have a budget of around £2500 givee or take.

The build must include a monitor and will be used purely for gaming.

Appreciate any advice!

Soldato
Here is a rough idea then to get things started.

The monitor is currently listed as pre-order, so not sure when it is due. You can always pick something else though if need be. The Gigabyte gpu is eta 30/8.

I am sure some of the other regulars will be along at some point to give you more ideas :)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,472.65 (includes shipping: £20.82)

Soldato
Appreciated, gives me something to think about, thanks!

intel version to @lee32uk damn good ryzen one.

full g-sync monitor to allow 164hz for games such as overwatch etc . Intel to push max FPS available from the 2080ti powerhouse !

10 yr warranty on the Focus PSU . unfortunately corsair 50w out of stock.

4 yr UK warranty on the Gigabte card after registering and UK warranty on the board

BB CODE
Total: £2,591.83 (includes shipping: £0.00)

other side of the scale, saving £1k and just as good with gaming

BB CODE
Total: £1,654.57 (includes shipping: £14.70)​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That's a huge jump in prices in a good way if performance is close with both. The latter option may meet my requirements better due to the games I go for.

I'm mostly looking towards more immersion than anything, mostly playing destiny 2, wow and csgo whilst dabbling into other games from time to time. I want to ensure I have something capable if a game comes along and peaks my interest.

I have also been looking at https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search?sSearch=AOC+AGON+AG352UCG6

I understand this wouldn't exactly be the best for competitive gaming but may well tick the immersion box.

Appreciate any further advice

Soldato
That's a huge jump in prices in a good way if performance is close with both. The latter option may meet my requirements better due to the games I go for.

I'm mostly looking towards more immersion than anything, mostly playing destiny 2, wow and csgo whilst dabbling into other games from time to time. I want to ensure I have something capable if a game comes along and peaks my interest.

I have also been looking at https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search?sSearch=AOC+AGON+AG352UCG6

I understand this wouldn't exactly be the best for competitive gaming but may well tick the immersion box.

Appreciate any further advice

Seems to be a pretty decent monitor if you want a widescreen.

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/aoc-agon-ag352ucg6-gaming-monitor,review-34550.html

Associate
Here is a rough idea then to get things started.

The monitor is currently listed as pre-order, so not sure when it is due. You can always pick something else though if need be. The Gigabyte gpu is eta 30/8.

I am sure some of the other regulars will be along at some point to give you more ideas :)

Total: £2,472.65 (includes shipping: £20.82)

Would a £100 mobo be ok for a £1100 gpu? Can you overclock the gpu quite happily on it?

Soldato
@Carl81

The board won't have any affect on the gpu or for overclocking it. As long as you have a good power supply then you are fine, and your overclocking potential will only be limited by the graphics card itself.

Associate
@Carl81

The board won't have any affect on the gpu or for overclocking it. As long as you have a good power supply then you are fine, and your overclocking potential will only be limited by the graphics card itself.

Ok perfect .

Im dropping around £2200 on black friday and had a £230 x570 mobo in mind.

The extra £££ saved will go on better hardware

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom