Memory for 3900x

Soldato
I keep reading a ton of conflicting information with regards to what speeds and so on to run for Zen 2.

I'm going to be buying a 3900x, and from what I've seen, it's usually fairly easy to overclock the infinity fabric up to 1900Mhz on them, meaning you would want ram that's overclocked to 3800Mhz to match that 1:1 and give the best performance? Though I've also seen people mention that underclocking can also work?
Finally, what's the best option with regards to memory? I was thinking about getting 4x8Gb sticks to future proof the build, but does this hurt much compared to 2x8Gb (Or 2x16Gb?) Though I believe this part is to do with the memory slot layout on the board and if it's T-topology or daisy chain? I've seen these terms thrown around a fair bit but I'm not 100% sure what it actually means.

So, yeah, what's the best option for a 3900x? I don't want to spent a ton if there's only a minimal performance boost, but equally I'm hoping for a good few years out of the system without needing to upgrade.

Soldato
OP
Oh yeah, I had no intention of actually buying 3800, just wanted something that could overclock that high, assuming that getting the IF to 1900Mhz and mem to 3800 is better than having them lower with tighter timings?

Back
Top Bottom