*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
^ Same

Took a trip into Game this morning and bought the new console for £275 with a game, some crap sports one (which I then immediately traded back to them for £6.30 cash)

Not a bad deal I don't think

This time I have decided to go all digital rather than use the carts

Soldato
I would if I could buy new releases such as astral chain for the £35 that I can get the physical release for.

The price difference is just too great for me to buy expensive single player games digitally.

The prices are a joke I agree. Cdkeys do them for £40 which is a tenner cheaper, but yeah, physical are cheaper again plus resale value. Three stores were even doing a buy one get one half price yesterday afternoon.

My thinking is that any cross platform game will go to the Xbox making my switch basically a Mario and pokkemon machine.

There's only 5 games I really want at the minute.

Man of Honour
The prices are a joke I agree. Cdkeys do them for £40 which is a tenner cheaper, but yeah, physical are cheaper again plus resale value. Three stores were even doing a buy one get one half price yesterday afternoon.

My thinking is that any cross platform game will go to the Xbox making my switch basically a Mario and pokkemon machine.

There's only 5 games I really want at the minute.

I only buy non-exclusives Switch games if they are on sale for 30%+ off, otherwise I just wait for them to come out on Game Pass.

Just purchased darkest dungeon... erm... anyone got any tips ? I keep getting absolutely rinsed. Is this game supposed to be this difficult ?
It is meant to be pretty difficult.

Soldato
Just purchased darkest dungeon... erm... anyone got any tips ? I keep getting absolutely rinsed. Is this game supposed to be this difficult ?

It is pretty rough and to be honest I found the gloomy theme wore me down a bit, you never get any real sense of respite/achievement. There's a fair chunk of luck involved and I got bored of endlessly trying to keep my group happy/healthy. Couple of friends of mine love it but it never really clicked for me, felt like a slog rather than being fun.

Soldato
Yeah.. I’ve deleted it off my switch already :p really not clicking with it. Oh well.

There seems to be a lot of micro management. And a lot of things to learn. I just wanted something to pick up and play for a few hours.

Been watching some gameplay of UnderMine, which is coming out in 2020. It looks good !

Soldato
Yeah.. I’ve deleted it off my switch already :p really not clicking with it. Oh well.

There seems to be a lot of micro management. And a lot of things to learn. I just wanted something to pick up and play for a few hours.

Been watching some gameplay of UnderMine, which is coming out in 2020. It looks good !

try this for some thing to pick up and play https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/20XX-1400493.html

played that quite a bit and fits your pick up and play criteria, very fun game :)

Soldato
Its daft - the carts are cheaper and hold their value great at resale, no need for expensive 200GB SD cards. I'd love to buy digital but it's just terrible value.

I have a 200gb in my Switch but always buy physical if I can, not only for the prices but sometimes you get extras in the box without it being some over priced special or limited edition.

But I did order the special edition of Link's Awakening but won't get my hands on it till Christmas :(

Soldato
Its daft - the carts are cheaper and hold their value great at resale, no need for expensive 200GB SD cards. I'd love to buy digital but it's just terrible value.

i never really sell games and im in the middle for digital or physical, i still have most of my saturn games and other consoles games, guess i hoard them and if im doing that the resell value is null.

just whacked in a 400gb card on my switch, means i can have loads of games on it and if a game is not a good buy i can still get the cart for cheaper or the digital version for cheaper on sales etc the only thing ill get physical for more price are games my dad might play as he has a switch too :)

getting a nice collection of switch games with a lot of shopping around and some times going halfers on a physical game with my dad :)

edit : im starting to get into fire emblem a bit but im playing it on noob mode eg don't lose chars as im used to disgea, only doing that for my first run through though :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
edit : im starting to get into fire emblem a bit but im playing it on noob mode eg don't lose chars as im used to disgea, only doing that for my first run through though :)
That's probably why you're not enjoying it. The missions are easy to complete, and the challenge only arises when you try to complete them without losing anyone.

Back
Top Bottom