Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd - 25th August 2019]

Caporegime
If it goes to a review the correct decision should be made, it’s as simple as that. It’s a blatant penalty just like last week.
That's not how it works. It's not there to overrule every incorrect decision, it's only there to overrule glaringly obvious mistakes by the referee.

VAR isn't the problem, the implementation of it is.

Associate
Ederson should in no way have been sent off and the tiny tug on the arm isn’t enough to be a foul in my eyes.

Thankfully Wilson isn’t a cheat and still went through to get a shot away, there wasn’t even a decision for VAR to make.

The point is when something goes to VAR the correct decision should be returned otherwise it’s pointless.

The problem is the rules in football are absolute. Ie a pull back = a foul, in the box = a penalty. The interpretation of how much of a pull is up to interpretation, but there was a pull on the shirt in the box that put an opponent off. By the letter of the law it would be a penalty.

The problem is that VAR is able to catch things missed by the ref, we just need to decide how we want the existing rules enforced.

Caporegime
Define screwing? That’s two blatant penalties they should have had in the space of a week. If that’s not getting screwed I don’t know what is.

Equally they've avoided at least one red card

Also the Silva one looked more like he stood on someone's foot and fell over?

Soldato
Define screwing? That’s two blatant penalties they should have had in the space of a week. If that’s not getting screwed I don’t know what is.

Ederson and Walker could easily have been sent off but werent. Edersons was an absolute stinker. City defender also had a tug of a shirt in the box but we can ignore that if you like?

Don
Will we? A full season on loan in the Premiership and he might well do enough for us to want to keep him.
I just don't see it. We generally underestimate the jump up from being a good young player to being good enough to play for Liverpool but when the players he will he competing with are Salah and Mane the step up is absolutely massive. He's got a great strike on him but I don't see the all round game, at a high enough level, to play for us. Can you imagine Salah's reaction when he's hitting 30 yarders into the stands instead of a quick 1-2?

Caporegime
Ederson and Walker could easily have been sent off but werent. Edersons was an absolute stinker. City defender also had a tug of a shirt in the box but we can ignore that if you like?

Walker is an idiot but if he gets a yellow for the first he probably doesn’t make the second challenge.

Ederson was rash but I don’t think that’s a red either.

Either way I’m talking about VAR, none of that went to VAR so I’m not seeing the relevance.

Soldato
Either way I’m talking about VAR, none of that went to VAR so I’m not seeing the relevance.

They should've though, clear and obvious is what VAR is supposed to eradicate, Ederson's was a red all day long and it's not the 1st time City have got away without seeing red when they most certainly should have, I think there was at least 3 last season as well where they avoided red when other players have walked for copy cat offences.

Makes me laugh how fans are completely blinkered with decisions against/for their teams and will argue black is white.

Caporegime
They should've though, clear and obvious is what VAR is supposed to eradicate, Ederson's was a red all day long and it's not the 1st time City have got away without seeing red when they most certainly should have, I think there was at least 3 last season as well where they avoided red when other players have walked for copy cat offences.

Makes me laugh how fans are completely blinkered with decisions against/for their teams and will argue black is white.

Blinkered? I’m not a City fan.

It’s also never been a red card, no way in a million years.

Soldato
Walker is an idiot but if he gets a yellow for the first he probably doesn’t make the second challenge.

Ederson was rash but I don’t think that’s a red either.

they should have though shouldnt they, i mean its not hard to grasp. Ederson flew in, high, late and with excessive force. If that isnt a red then what is? Not only is he out for that game hes banned for a further three so if anything City have benefited today from crap decisions.

Oh and a pull is a foul, so its a pen. All day

Caporegime
they should have though shouldnt they, i mean its not hard to grasp. Ederson flew in, high, late and with excessive force. If that isnt a red then what is? Not only is he out for that game hes banned for a further three so if anything City have benefited today from crap decisions.

Oh and a pull is a foul, so its a pen. All day

Did anyone during punditry or commentary even mention it possibly being a red card?

The Liverpool fans on here don’t half make me laugh. Delusional.

For argument sake I’ll go and watch it again to make sure the delusion isn’t mine. Which is also definitely a possibility.

Soldato
EC0YOmnXsAE60o3

Not high at all that. Not remotely dangerous, late, high and no excessive force. Obviously he was in full control, you know when he doesnt have a foot on the ground.

It isnt anything to do with being a Liverpool fan. Thats a red card.

Caporegime
So did any of the pundits pick up on it? With such a glaring mistake surely it was discussed, no? They normally pick up things like that.

Genuine question, I flicked over to the cricket at the full time whistle.

Back
Top Bottom