• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Prepares GeForce 436.02 Gamescom Special Graphics Drivers

Man of Honour
So I just bought an Nvidia 1070 for another rig, the Nvidia GFX control panel is just so ugly, I don't think it's moved on in the 10 years!

Out of the AMD and NVidia control panels I prefer the green team one hands down.

AMDs is over complicated, clumsy and not very nice to look.

Wattman is also very poor for use with multiple cards.

Hope things improve for when the high end Navi cards arrive.

Caporegime
Same, i don't use it, i just set the settings, and that was it, i'll not be in it again.

I guess if you're in there every 5 minutes though.......... :p
Same as that. I know what I want (fast/G-Sync) and tried the new frame latency but otherwise, I wouldn't even go there. Radeon does look good mind but function over looks is all I need.

bru

bru

Soldato
Not wanting to defend the old interface, but would you prefer that they moved functionality over to GFE, which has a newer interface and layout, but everybody moans about that as well?

Man of Honour
I hate how slow it is, in both loading, and applying settings. There's a delay in everything.
I don't mind the layout though, just looks ancient.

Only thing that has any significant delay for me is opening the program settings under "Manage 3D settings" but that probably isn't surprising for what it does. Everything else opens instantly except the "Manage 3D settings" bit which takes around 2-3 seconds first time and "Adjust image settings with preview" bit which I don't use and takes around 5 seconds first time to open.

Not sure if nVidia have implemented a better way yet but if you launch it from a batch file using:

Code:
@echo off

reg add "HKCU\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\NVControlPanel2\Client" /v LastPage /t REG_BINARY /d ec8881f1672555488bae2766f5ec54fc /f

start "" "%programfiles%\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe"

It will always start the control panel on the blank landing page when using that batch to open the nVidia control panel so no initial delay in opening if you left it on the 3D settings bit, etc.

Soldato
Radeon settings wins hands down at every single stage.
It's light weight and all in one package.

If say all you do is open once then it's obvious that you won't notice any benefits for Radeon settings.

From streaming video or games to a TV or phone to recording to taking gifs to benchmarking it can all be done from in game using the overlay.

Radeon settings is easy the best when it comes to functionality and offers so much more than Nvidia's CP

To get even close on nvidia you need to install a second piece of software that is full of BS like signing in to calling home.

Am not surprised that they is some on here defending windows XP nvidia CP lol

It's due an upgrade and if I was an Nvidia users I would be pushing for it.

Soldato
It's an absolute POS. Although I love my SIM rig with the 1080ti, having to go in to the NV CP to sort out triple monitor Nvidia Surround issues or make changes to profiles drives me flipping mad. It looks like ass and it performs like ass for my needs.

For no reason what so ever, every 3 or 4 boots it forgets my Nvidia Surround, so I need to reapply it. But no, it hasn't got the 7680x1440p resolution still active, so I've got to add it to a list again, apply it then wait an age to be back on the screen to select that res. You apply it, it then takes 20 to 30 seconds to pick up all the screens again, then the same again putting them in the right order and waiting for the apply to take effect. All in all its about a 5 minute faff just to get the NV surround configured once more after it annoyingly just forgets all previous config.

How anyone can defend this crap is beyond me. You even need 3rd party programs to overclock and monitor for goodness sake. :rolleyes::mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom