What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
@paradigm sorry to say bud but I agree, something hit it. I've got 2 scuffs on my alloys and I have NEVER hit anything. What I think caused them were stones being flicked up by vehicles as I/they have been passing.

Edit: one of the scuffs looks a lot like that chip.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Not today but yesterday, had a blowout on the way to work. Not sure how it managed to chip the wheel so that'll be additional expense over the tyre. Also not best pleased that a 4,000 mile old, 7 month old tyre has blown a hole in the sidewall.

Could have been worse I guess, I was 30 seconds from getting up to speed for an NSL dual carriageway, though having the blow out at 30mph on the entry to a roundabout whilst alongside a truck was enough for me.
What’s the manufacture date on the tyre?
Why did you fit Pilot SuperSports so recently when the PS4 exists?
(Not judging, just curious!)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Week 21 of 2018.

I went for PSS over PS4S due to availability at the time and the price was favourable.
Fair enough. I can’t imagine it was a faulty tyre as it’s only a year old. At least now you can upgrade to PS4 ;)

I mean do you even need a PS4S? PS4 is probably more than adequate on your S3 unless you track it regularly?

Soldato
The wife was sitting there dreaming about what plants to buy or garden tool to get when she was bought back to reality with a bump and a crunch. - she had driven into a parking space and put front bumper up the kerb - on reversing she pulled bottom of the bumper which resulted in this and pile of broken under tray plastic.

This has been my job today. - Plastic clip was broke so a nut and bolt fixed it fine. - the other side wasn't obvious as the gap between wing and bumper was equal all along and besides after doing the first one I couldn't be assed to do the other.

414283210.jpg

Transmission breaker
Don
Mrs' Audi had some front lower suspension arms advisories as well as one of the front shocks was misting oil.
Dropped the old shocks out, and found my pickle fork splitter will not do the job on the ball joint for the lower arms.
So I have had to leave the car up on axle stands tonight whilst I wait for a winding bolt splitter.
Very annoying. But apparently b7 audi are known for it!
Fingers crossed the splitter is man enough tomorrow. Soaked it with penetrating oil earlier and will give it another blast later :)

Associate
Top mounts on the rear of the 330d, could almost do the job blind-folded at this point. While the rear wheels were off I decided I'd give the insides of the wheels a proper clean as well as the front then applied sealant inside and out, that'll have to do until after winter apart from the normal washes. I need to sort out the handbrake on one side as well (shoes and adjusters aren't even that old), but a quick attempt at adjusting it properly without success a couple of weeks back suggests another problem somewhere, but heat and me aren't a good combination so that will be a job for another time.

Soldato
Must admit, I just ******* mine repeatedly with a lump hammer... My pickle fork failed me too, but I didn't have the option of waiting on a newer better stronger version!

Back
Top Bottom