I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Soldato
I got an XYZPrinting daVinci pro a while back and I'm still learning but now attempting to build a 3D scanner. With a Sony mobile from the MM (Thanks punky_munky) I can do some photogrammetry.

whatsapp%20image%202019-08-31%20at%2017.37.38.jpeg

Oh the little bit in the corner is a WIP Hornby train part.
Andi.

Soldato
Just finished the 3 wise skulls 3d print 20hrs in the making its turned out really great.

Stands 210mm high, only defect a couple of filament strands under one chin that has not taking.

This is a Xmass present for my sons girl friend, who is into skulls the mind boggles lol.

In8VJlQ.jpg

Associate
My first 3d printer arrived yesterday as a belated birthday present to myself. It's an Ender 3 and has been great so far although I think I'm going to get a glass bed for it during the week! Pics of my first prints to follow :D.

Associate
thought i would share a useful print i did recently - needed a patch panel for my home lab and too tight to buy a panduit panel. Already found a 2 port wall bracket which i previously remixed to give an 8 port panel and this time needed 12 ports, had to split it 2 pieces to fit on my ender 3 bed

BOaU8WZ.jpg

wV59hEC.jpg

Soldato
Hi guys,

Apologies I've not read the rest of the thread, I'm thinking about asking for a 3d printer for crimbo, probably mainly for miniatures then whatever proves to be useful.

Currently eyeing up a deal on an Ender 3 Pro with glass bed and 2kg PLA for £155, but I've also seen a blue CR-10s on eBay for £150. I can imagine the extra print size maybe being useful on occasion but probably not essential. Any opinions on which would be a better bet for a first printer?

Associate
For a first printer the Ender 3 is great, can't remember if they've updated the firmware on the PRO but make sure that thermal protection is enabled (google it, and you see how to test) otherwise you'll need an arduino to flash new firmware. The cr-10 is also a great printer and the bigger build volume is nice to have, my first printer (6 years) was smaller than the ender-3 and within 6 months I'd upgraded to something bigger.

Any other questions please feel free to ask ;).

James.

Soldato
Just thought id post in here.

My wife got me a 3D Printer Touch by BALCO.

Its the one from Aldi for £249. She managed to get it for £149.99 on a black Friday deal.

Its all set up, took all of 30 mins to get it printing. Its actually not that bad. Really sturdy.
I have 5KG of various colours on the way from Aldi... £12.99 a spool.

Anyone got any advice?

Soldato
Just thought id post in here.

My wife got me a 3D Printer Touch by BALCO.

Its the one from Aldi for £249. She managed to get it for £149.99 on a black Friday deal.

Its all set up, took all of 30 mins to get it printing. Its actually not that bad. Really sturdy.
I have 5KG of various colours on the way from Aldi... £12.99 a spool.

Anyone got any advice?
Practice practice practice, and then practice some more.
Start with some benchmark models from thingiverse until you understand the various settings.
Check m.all3dp.com they have a common failure list with solutions.
Andi.

Back
Top Bottom