• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

rzyen 3700x overclocked at 4.3

Associate
hi as the titled says i got a ryzen 3700x to replace my 2600 in my msi b450 motar motherboard but after updating my bios to the latest 1.9 firmware i discovered my motherboard has overclocked it to 4.3 across all cores iv been through the settings and the only setting i can see is precision boost is set to on by default and my base clock is set to 3.6 with no tweaks added to the settings anyone else have this problem as i thought ryzen cpu scale up and down by default temps are between 45-50c while idle and 50-60 when gaming

Soldato
okay cleared my cmos again and reset my bios to default settings and still at 4.3 across all cores on start up

What windows power profile are you using?

If you want it to clock down you need to use Balanced. Also try closing any background programs (steam, uplay etc.) to see if any of them are causing it to stay in a higher power state.

Whilst precision boost overdrive doesn't affect this. Turn that off for now and find your stock temperatures.

Soldato
The CPU should downclock even if on high per if set right, what you need to do is look in the bios and check if "Cool & Quiet" is enabled as from yuour desription the bios is set right for the normal CPU basse clock... also, what are you getting this speed reading of 4300 from?

Associate
OP
i set my windows profile to energy saving went to bios and changed cool and quiet from auto to enabled rebooted still same downloaded ryzen master created a profile and set my cpu to eco-mode and now my cpu is scaling up and down thanks for all your help

Back
Top Bottom