• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
Is it worth going to 1.80 then?

I tried it.. ruined my RAM overclocking (4*8GB B-die).. couldn't get 3600 stable at even awful timings (even CL20).. flashed back to 1.70A and back to 3600 CL14 immediately..

I've seen other people saying no issues though so YMMV..

I'm skipping it though.

Associate
What are the chances of an after market chipset cooler to address theese toasty chips?
You would think somebody would come up with something given how many people aren't happy with that fan on their board. Over on another forum (are we allowed to reference that?) someone replaced the SB thermal pad with a Thermal Grizzly Pad & claims to have reduced the SB temp by around 10c although they also have a water cooled gpu.

Soldato
You would think somebody would come up with something given how many people aren't happy with that fan on their board. Over on another forum (are we allowed to reference that?) someone replaced the SB thermal pad with a Thermal Grizzly Pad & claims to have reduced the SB temp by around 10c although they also have a water cooled gpu.

Yes you can mention Reddit ;)

Caporegime

I was going to do this, did they do it on the Taichi? I'd heard the pad was quite thick so may not make good contact when removed.

Associate
Mine is going to 4.525Mhz on Auto using BIOS 1.70A. When I went to 1.80 my Infinity Fabric because unstable to I had to roll back.

On a different note, even though for me the fan was not a problem, I ended up getting a vertical mount bracket so it can breathe better. I upgraded to a 2080ti so I used it as an excuse to buy a bracket too. Will compare temps later since these past 2 or 3 the weather has been boiling. I am going to check the TG Thermal Pads out.

This is how it looks at the moment.

TLuOHUm.jpg

Associate
I really like the look of your build @Nghtmare - do you have a build thread or more pics of it?

I'm planning a build at the moment and that case of yours has caught my eye!

Sorry for the OT :)
No I don't have a threat, most of the description is in my signature but feel free to ask if you want to know anything. I can take more pictures when I get home from work if you want.

Caporegime
Planning to do replace the chipset TIM with it? I've been contemplating the same, either paste or decent pad as the chipset is by far the loudest thing still. Just can't be bothered to take it all apart at the moment. Might buy a new case and do it at the same time.

Associate
Planning to do replace the chipset TIM with it? I've been contemplating the same, either paste or decent pad as the chipset is by far the loudest thing still. Just can't be bothered to take it all apart at the moment. Might buy a new case and do it at the same time.
It seems that the Thermal Grizzly pad can drop like 8-10C off it automatically because its much better. I just dont feel like taking everything apart at the moment

Back
Top Bottom