Can T.T gen2 seats fit a R8 gen1

Associate
Hi ppl.... I've got a 2008 R8 and it has the lighter grey seats in, the seats are a bit worn on the bolsters and never been keen on the colour.

There are loads of T.T gen 2 seats on eBay to choose from and some in way better condition than mine.
Looking at the darker colours and these prob hide the aging better anyway.

To me the R8 seats in my 2008 model i have look identical to the T.T gen 2 seats, question is are they a straight swap ? No change of rails or electrical connections?
Thank you for any help you can give me.

Associate
OP
Because the side plastics and top plastic part to move the seat forward would still be in the light grey colour, so look odd if say I went for a dark grey colours change.

Its easier and prob cheaper to just swap them for a set of dark grey seats.

T.T gen 2 seats look identical to the R8 gen 1 seats but wanted to ask of its a straight swap or not before buying some.

Caporegime
Because the side plastics and top plastic part to move the seat forward would still be in the light grey colour, so look odd if say I went for a dark grey colours change.

Its easier and prob cheaper to just swap them for a set of dark grey seats.

T.T gen 2 seats look identical to the R8 gen 1 seats but wanted to ask of its a straight swap or not before buying some.
Welcome!

I personally think you'd be better off asking on an Audi forum :) while a few members on here have, or have had, R8's and TT's, I doubt any of them have tried to do this swap.

Do stick around though, the motors section is quite good here, and we do meets and dyno days etc.

Associate
do they have side airbags?

surprising amount of mk1 R8 parts on a mk2 TT

most audi seats swap directly (within similar aged ranges)

Soldato
There is a huge price difference between then on ebay. A few £100 vs a few £1000.

Surely that can't just be down to them being from an R8 vs TT. I bet the R8 ones have much better quality material.

Usually as simple as supply and demand on used car parts.
I remember when those horrible end of bumper plastic parts for fords used to go for a fortune. You couldnt get them from Ford and most of the cars involved in an accident trashed them. Often only them.
When the cars were still worth having and in order to avoid duck tape, or an illegal bumper (exposed metal ends) then they were silly money to get off a breakers etc

Suspect people want the R8 ones on the assumption they are better. Not sure about the MK2 TT but the super sports of the MK3 are really good. In fact the standard seats are amongst some of the best in any road car I have ever been in.

Back
Top Bottom