PPI Claiming

Soldato
Anyone used claimhunters? Left it late as never thought I'd had PPI with anyone other than an old Halifax account which I went through Halifax to check. Thought it might be worth trying a third party to check everything just in case though and it seems a lot have stopped accepting new claims.

I've stupidly left it till the 11th hour and also just found out 23rd was the last day for new claims! My mortgage started 1987 and completed 2 years ago, was with Halifax and and is the only company I might have had PPI with. I guess I better walk into my local branch tomorrow and ask?

Soldato
So after what feels like a decade of people harping on about PPI, you actually took a product out with it? I'm sure there is a suitable face palm meme picture to go with this...

Soldato
I've stupidly left it till the 11th hour and also just found out 23rd was the last day for new claims! My mortgage started 1987 and completed 2 years ago, was with Halifax and and is the only company I might have had PPI with. I guess I better walk into my local branch tomorrow and ask?

Some companies have stopped taking on new claims. Mine is taking them until 4pm on Thursday, if anyone's left it that late then they deserve to bloody well miss out :p

Soldato
I gave up using TCG. they only found 1 on a AMEX account I defualted on. Limit on the card was about 1700 so If it had PPI i would end up paying TCG for nowt.

They couldnt source the one I defo had PPI which was forced onto me by TSB

Soldato
I gave up using TCG. they only found 1 on a AMEX account I defualted on. Limit on the card was about 1700 so If it had PPI i would end up paying TCG for nowt.

They couldnt source the one I defo had PPI which was forced onto me by TSB

They must be pretty useless if they can't find one from Lloyds/TSB. They were the worst and usually retain records for a good 30 years.

Soldato
Pleasure to chat to you and hope it's worth it to you :)

I can't describe just how busy it was today. Pretty much everyone else has stopped taking on new customers so we're just being hammered with calls.

Was great chatting with you el_dazza :) Yes, I can imagine how hectic it was for you today! And I couldn't even get to speak to anyone at the Halifax earlier, was held in a queue for nearly an hour and then I just gave up.

Associate
I just found out I can't make a claim for PPI, they kept that quiet didn't they!
I rang them up and tried to put in a claim to which they said I had missed the deadline.
I just replied I wish they had rang me up to tell me I could make a claim!

Soldato
Yay no more PPI adverts.

More room for gambling averts now! Yay?

What's next?

"Did you use a ppi claim company? We believe you were mis-sold advice on how to claim and lost too much of your PPI refund in fees. Contact us now and for a small 20% fee we will claim back your missing PPI claim money"

or something like that :p

Soldato
For people who have missed the deadline, sorry but you had PLENTY of time, there where adverts everywhere.

Many people where waiting till the end to take advantage of the 8% flat interest, but many left it too late.

If you where part of the Santander crash the other day because you waited till the last second to do it, sorry but the FCA is very unlikely to honour the complaints received after the deadline even if they tried. We are still waiting on confirmation on what they are doing but Its not likely they will do anything.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If I signed a contract in Jan 2019 agreeing to pay a PPI company 39% when the max they could ask me for by law is 20%, is that contract null and void or am I still legally required to pay the 39%?

Well I doubt you're required to pay the 39% - what did the company say when you raised the matter with them?

Caporegime
Well I doubt you're required to pay the 39% - what did the company say when you raised the matter with them?
They said they would send me a revised invoice, but they’ve narked me now. They were blatantly going to break the law to fleece me of more money than legally allowed. Companies like that deserve nothing.

I’ve also asked for an itemised bill of all work carried out. They didn’t like that. They probably only sent a letter or two.

Back
Top Bottom