World of Warcraft: Classic

Associate
I was in to Razorgore earlier whilst connected to Shadow whilst at work, but didn't actually do anything in game. Then, when I got home, I got disconnected and have been sat in a bloody queue for hours.

Got the remainder of the week off, so the plan is to play until I fall into a coma, or with any luck, stay alive and eventually get past some of the contended questing zones before the masses. So far that plan is royally flawed!

Soldato
OP
The PvE servers are much lighter than PvP, when I jumped in earlier whilst at lunch, there was no queue at all. Straight in. There is still some weird lag with looting. Even though I'm at 30ping at max.

Suspended
Yeah, folk are just staring at the screen watching the number get lower for hours.

You can join a que and then do something else at the same time dude! xD

I just hopped on to a new server, it was "low" - the latency was about 5 seconds, and looting anything took about 10 seconds, provided I could get to anything in the first place. All the other players were clearly from other servers just messing about, it's a shambles atm. I'll try again on Friday night with an Enchanted Beer of Tolerance.

Associate
The PvE servers are much lighter than PvP, when I jumped in earlier whilst at lunch, there was no queue at all. Straight in. There is still some weird lag with looting. Even though I'm at 30ping at max.

Yeah when I was in I had 10-12ms, yet there did still seem to be a bit of lag on occasion. The player drop off is probably going to be pretty severe in my opinion, so within days we should see no queues whatsoever. The problem then will be half dead servers in need of a merge.

Soldato
OP
Yeah when I was in I had 10-12ms, yet there did still seem to be a bit of lag on occasion. The player drop off is probably going to be pretty severe in my opinion, so within days we should see no queues whatsoever. The problem then will be half dead servers in need of a merge.

I don't think they will be entirely dead. Thankfully there is only one PvE US West server, so I imagine mine will stay around 'normal' capacity. If not, my friends and I will just pay for a server transfer.

Soldato
Just had a quick go on the EU RP server but really, being parried to death by boars and owls is about as much fun as a tabasco enema. I expect i'll very slowly level something but there's not enough here to make it my main game.

Soldato
How are people level 30 already thought classic was meant to be a grind?

Despite the long levelling process there are things that can make it quick. I believe the original world first people were going around in a group just farming tons of mobs to get XP quickly. You could also download one of the addons which will basically path you through the game, only taking, completing, and killing what is absolutely necessary for maximum efficiency. Then there's the third option - just use a bot.

Soldato
Think I'll take my time I plan on helping as many players as I can as a priest, just randomly healing and buffing players and going back to lower level zones to help players on harder quests etc.

Soldato
OP
Getting to 30 isn't that tough nor long. It's the 40-60 that can be a bit of a grind. But even then, if you focus and do nothing else for a week, you'll get it done in no time.

Soldato
This'll fix it;

9ZrOmdm.jpg
9ZrOmdm

Soldato
Server shutdown at 03:00 CEST, just in time for me to get to the front of the queue I've been in for the best part of half a day. You couldn't make this more accurate if you tried. I am both :( and :p

Sgarrista
Commissario
Well time for sleep, a bar from level 20. If I didnt get DCed out last night after an hour and sent to the back of the queue would easily of made it to somewhere between 25-30.

Soldato
Well been playing since 5ish and just stopped. A little shy of lvl16 which I am happy with. Can't play now until Friday really so going to be under levelled of those who played with me tonight, but hey. Life and all that stuff!

Soldato
Blizz are mental (surprise!) now there are 14 pvp servers.... First they do only 2, obvious nightmare.... and now 14 is gonna be too many, gonna be a lot of dead servers, I only hope they will do free transfers and dont try charging for cash grab.

Back
Top Bottom