Z390 Aorus Owners thread

Associate
@pastymuncher Yes I have latest bios F9, I already had this problem in F6 version, so I thought I should upgrade to F9 and the problems would be solved, and for my surprise it happened again, I don't know what's happening.

Associate
Hi all just got the Aorus Z390 Ultra board. I was having issues running my Trident Z at XMP speeds (3600MHz 16-16-16-36 @ 1.35V) It was running at 3200MHz BIOS and Windows. I am on the latest BIOS version f7 for the board. I found that adjusting the memory enhancement to 4400+ appears to automatically adjust the CPU VCCIO. RAM is now stable at XMP settings at CR 1T.

Man of Honour
Just checked the Aorus Pro downloads page and a load of new drivers have been uploaded. I just downloaded the chipset drivers and updated them but there are several new drivers including Realtek Audio so it may be worth checking your boards web page if you like to keep everything up to date.

Associate
Hello Guys , would like a little help with this matter.

Z390 aorus master here with 9700k , new rig , i put them together ,cables ok , cpu cooler ( x62 ) looks okay , everything looks fine , start up , boot up well , bios on default yet , look my ssd and m.2 as well in bios,

when i want to install windows from pendrive , at that pont when the blue windows logo appeared and these dots looping just freeze and approx 10 sec after that blue death , windows automatic repair the same at that point and if i try run the windows from the old ssd i used im my last system ,freeze at same time exactly . The bios version f7 . I tried change rams, cables , integrated vga , same , help with some tips please , im not touch bios yet.

Any tips?

Thank you

Soldato
Hello Guys , would like a little help with this matter.

Z390 aorus master here with 9700k , new rig , i put them together ,cables ok , cpu cooler ( x62 ) looks okay , everything looks fine , start up , boot up well , bios on default yet , look my ssd and m.2 as well in bios,

when i want to install windows from pendrive , at that pont when the blue windows logo appeared and these dots looping just freeze and approx 10 sec after that blue death , windows automatic repair the same at that point and if i try run the windows from the old ssd i used im my last system ,freeze at same time exactly . The bios version f7 . I tried change rams, cables , integrated vga , same , help with some tips please , im not touch bios yet.

Any tips?

Thank you

F7 bios? You should be on F8. I'd try that and see if it fixes the problem.

Man of Honour
Sigh. So, at the weekend I took off my overclock to rule out crashing in Civ5, saved and rebooted. I was then stuck in a boot loop. All I did was reset the changes I had made back to stock!! Turned off at the wall and reset cmos. Still stuck in a bootloop. Turned off at the wall and removed the battery and went for a cup of tea so I didn't throw the pc out the window. Came back half a hour later reinserted the battery and started up again. Still stuck in a boot loop but at least I could access the bios now so I reflashed F9 bios and rebooted. After 5 minutes of it switching between bios's it started to boot into windows only for windows to tell me it was corrupted. Selected windows to fix itself and finally got into windows. Just to make sure all was well I rebooted and it booted fine. Rather than go back into that bloody terrible mess of a bios again to make changes for my overclock I am running at stock for the moment and considering my options. I am very tempted to call it a day and sell this board and cpu and swap to a Ryzen 3600 and a decent B450 or X570 motherboard but I didn't really want to go down that route until AMD's new socket in 2021. For the mostly single core games that I play it would be a downgrade anyway. Another option would be to ditch this board and buy a Z390 board from a decent manufacturer that has a good bios layout.

This was my first Gigabyte motherboard for my own pc since the P31 chipset on socket 775 and to say I am not happy with it would be a understatement. My wifes pc has a Gigabyte B85M D3H and that is leagues ahead of this board yet was less than a third of the price. Gigabyte may have a UK service center but from where I am sitting that is all they have going for them. I should have stuck with Asus. They may have terrible customer service but I never had a board go wrong from them and the bios layout of their boards is perfect. This will be my last ever Gigabyte board.

Associate
Sigh. So, at the weekend I took off my overclock to rule out crashing in Civ5, saved and rebooted. I was then stuck in a boot loop. All I did was reset the changes I had made back to stock!! Turned off at the wall and reset cmos. Still stuck in a bootloop. Turned off at the wall and removed the battery and went for a cup of tea so I didn't throw the pc out the window. Came back half a hour later reinserted the battery and started up again. Still stuck in a boot loop but at least I could access the bios now so I reflashed F9 bios and rebooted. After 5 minutes of it switching between bios's it started to boot into windows only for windows to tell me it was corrupted. Selected windows to fix itself and finally got into windows. Just to make sure all was well I rebooted and it booted fine. Rather than go back into that bloody terrible mess of a bios again to make changes for my overclock I am running at stock for the moment and considering my options. I am very tempted to call it a day and sell this board and cpu and swap to a Ryzen 3600 and a decent B450 or X570 motherboard but I didn't really want to go down that route until AMD's new socket in 2021. For the mostly single core games that I play it would be a downgrade anyway. Another option would be to ditch this board and buy a Z390 board from a decent manufacturer that has a good bios layout.

This was my first Gigabyte motherboard for my own pc since the P31 chipset on socket 775 and to say I am not happy with it would be a understatement. My wifes pc has a Gigabyte B85M D3H and that is leagues ahead of this board yet was less than a third of the price. Gigabyte may have a UK service center but from where I am sitting that is all they have going for them. I should have stuck with Asus. They may have terrible customer service but I never had a board go wrong from them and the bios layout of their boards is perfect. This will be my last ever Gigabyte board.

I also found the bios quite strange after using Asus boards for such a long time, but now after a few months I find the bios ok. I have kept the F3 bios on bios 2 and just flashed the main bios to the latest F8a performance wise no difference, but much more stable at 5.2ghz with slightly lower voltage. Cant say I have ever experienced a Boot loop with this board. but so far very pleased with it.

Soldato

If I reset the BIOS I can't then allow it to boot without changing the voltage for the memory to 1.35v.it never gets that right.
If I do not do that I'll often have problems with Windows.
When I get back home ill probably flash the new BIOS, as that is supposed to help with DDR4 3200 memory.

Associate
@GIGA-Man are the Z390 pro boards getting any more FW for better memory support and performance?

The Pro boards hit a wall with 2 dimm's at 3600mhz and CL15 even on bdie regardless of voltage you pump into the IMC or DRAM.

Associate
@GIGA-Man can you please have the team put an option in the bios to switch to other bios for those boards that don't have a manual switch? This is really frustrating as the boards decide to auto switch bios at random times and there's no real set procedure to flip it back.

Associate
Can anyone recommend me a PSU for the Z390 Xtreme?

Tried a 850V ThermalTake but it didn't have the correct connectors to the Motherboard thanks to me not doing enough research xD

Man of Honour
@BennyFagor Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Which 850w Thermaltake do you have? Unless you are heavily overclocking a 9900k all you really need is the single 8 pin at the top of the board but then again hopefully you will be making good use of your £500+ motherboard and clocking the nuts off everything so here are some psu's with a second EPS12v 8 pin cable.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

All are high quality psu's with long warranties and all have either a 8 pin and a 4+4 pin or 2x 4+4 pin EPS12v cables. There are a couple of stand out bargains in the 850w units in the form of the Superflower Leadex III 850w gold (£99.95) which has a 7 year warranty and the recently released and updated Corsair RM 850w Gold (£92.99) which has a 10 year warranty. At less than £100 for a quality, gold rated and fully modular 850w psu these two are bargains.

Soldato
Joining the club. Swapped a lacklustre Asus Z370 for a Z390 Pro this weekend. Extremely happy with it so far. Booted up no issues, Saw the NVME and installed Windows no issues. I've had worse dreams!

Associate
@GIGA-Man can you please have the team put an option in the bios to switch to other bios for those boards that don't have a manual switch? This is really frustrating as the boards decide to auto switch bios at random times and there's no real set procedure to flip it back.

I'll chase up the BIOS stuff but cant give you an answer on if an when currently. Will keep trying for you though.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Joining the club. Swapped a lacklustre Asus Z370 for a Z390 Pro this weekend. Extremely happy with it so far. Booted up no issues, Saw the NVME and installed Windows no issues. I've had worse dreams!

Interested in your experiences with the Z390 Pro, got my eye on the Z390 Pro wifi & i'm coming from a lacklustre Asrock Z370 Extreme4 which was ok with an i3 8350K, but decidedly gutless once i upgraded to a 9700K.

Soldato
Currently on F8. Having trouble applying an overclock though, no matter what I change it won't take the multiplier value and I'm getting stock clocks. The only way to change this is to increase the Intel Turbo Boost clock and then it takes notice and ramps up frequency. I'm fine with that ATM as I'm running 4.8Ghz however would prefer to do this "properly" and not have to have turbo boost enabled.

Is it worth upgrading to F10, would that fix the multiplier problem but I do notice F10 closes a security flaw which will potentially take performance away.

Will be going for 5Ghz long term (or a 9900KS).

Associate
Currently on F8. Having trouble applying an overclock though, no matter what I change it won't take the multiplier value and I'm getting stock clocks. The only way to change this is to increase the Intel Turbo Boost clock and then it takes notice and ramps up frequency. I'm fine with that ATM as I'm running 4.8Ghz however would prefer to do this "properly" and not have to have turbo boost enabled.

Is it worth upgrading to F10, would that fix the multiplier problem but I do notice F10 closes a security flaw which will potentially take performance away.

Will be going for 5Ghz long term (or a 9900KS).

I’m on F9. Have been for a while. Disable MCE? I’ve never see that.

Just FYI. 2 stick setup will hit a wall around 3600mhz and then you can tighten timings. This isn’t a RAM oc board.

Soldato
I’m on F9. Have been for a while. Disable MCE? I’ve never see that.
Just FYI. 2 stick setup will hit a wall around 3600mhz and then you can tighten timings. This isn’t a RAM oc board.

Yep MCE disabled and still didn't get any joy. I have 2x8GB of the 3200c14 8 pack RAM and I'm happy enough with that (XMP and done!).

Back
Top Bottom