World of Warcraft: Classic

Permabanned
Sounds like there could be enough of us on Firemaw to start something if people are interested.

Failing that anyone found a busy guild? I'm running solo at the minute.

The amount of time invested at the minute is small enough that any further changes made is basically nothing. Wait until you get to 45 and then someone wants to swap when you have some cash and a blue weapon lol. So if you plan on doing something this week to consolidate the players do it before Saturday you will have everyone logging in on Saturday but the reality is it will take 31days before a lot of subscriptions run out. This is going to be the key point 31 days is too much to reroll and if the population does not take a 30% minimum reduction Shazzrah and Firemaw will be packed. All servers will be packed i remember 1hr peaktime queues were just a reality of wow.

Caporegime
Sounds like there could be enough of us on Firemaw to start something if people are interested.

Failing that anyone found a busy guild? I'm running solo at the minute.

Once the dust has settled and everyone's found their feet I might start one. I've run quite a few up until Dragon Soul and have a few old friends waiting in the wings who know exactly how things work, so it won't be some ********. I'll post in here if I do :)

Soldato
You're welcome to join us. Our Discord link is https://discord.gg/s2uArDN

We expect to be around 100 members on the horde guild by the end of today. The guild leaders have plans to raid but its just too early to set at this point in time, we will discuss future plans with everyone involved (something we're getting asked more frequently).

Regarding servers/guilds moving elsewhere etc. We will remain on Firemaw and this will not change. Servers have been added daily and numbers have been going down on Firemaw as others migrate and the hype settles down. We're in for the long run and aren't interested in jumping server each time a new server has queues to log in. I suggest players download Teamviewer or some alternative program to get online. If you're off work and playing, there was no queue today at 6 am. Currently there are queues to log on and it'll get worse during peak hours, plan ahead.

We're now over 100 members on Firemaw-Horde. Feel free to give us a shout at the link above if you're interested. Blizzard have increased the amount of players that can log in this evening and whilst there are still queues, it is getting better.

Associate
Ive now levelled up two priests to level 10 because of the moves :(

Decided to go back on firemaw horde to play a resto shammy that was my main.. Ill still jump on nogger but i believe it will be a more social guild than raiding one.

The server moving only solved the problem for a few days, they will all start to balance out and have similar queues over the next few weeks..

Permabanned
Think the changes have helped queues a bit, Firemaw is "only" 3k ish at the moment, though I guess its late in the day. Other high pop ones had no queues.

See what its like tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/pN6fkb_ZM5A

Look at 0.16m i believe this was when the realm was easily top 2 EU and after this a small migration of guilds started and the rest is the story of a downward spiral.

Soldato
https://youtu.be/pN6fkb_ZM5A

Look at 0.16m i believe this was when the realm was easily top 2 EU and after this a small migration of guilds started and the rest is the story of a downward spiral.

wut has the history of Outlands server got to do with Classic WoW 8 years later? As someone who played on Outland for many years I don't see the relevance. Outlands downward spiral was the start of PvP streamers logging onto Alliance and all the Horde guilds getting fed up and leaving, which is why it's vastly Alliance today, when it was almost 50/50 during Cata.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Well I am the same, stuck with Firemaw - Alliance, simply for the fact a few days of queues isn't going to be as harmful as an empty server in a few months.

Empty server? Lmao. Noggenfogger is a full server now and has been since Tues.

Soldato
Empty server? Lmao. Noggenfogger is a full server now and has been since Tues.

Which high and mighty force made you think I was talking about the server you finally settled on? Err.. no one. My statement was a generalisation from past experience, servers that become empty are far worse than ones that sometimes have a queue. If you can tell me that is untrue and provide evidence, then reply, if not don't bother.

Soldato
Which high and mighty force made you think I was talking about the server you finally settled on? Err.. no one. My statement was a generalisation from past experience, servers that become empty are far worse than ones that sometimes have a queue. If you can tell me that is untrue and provide evidence, then reply, if not don't bother.

Last night all servers were "high" or "full". You'd imagine if any servers in a few months or so become wastelands, which I cant see to be honest. They will be merged, like they used to.

Most of the servers people jumped over too on this board are now very full and have been experiencing 10k+ queues aswel. I moved to Razorgore when the queues for Gehenas were upwards of 20k on release day. Razorgore now has a 10k queue time at peak time.

I just now leave my home PC on and remote to it about 2pm, get the queue rolling and im in for when I get home.

Associate
You mean transfers will be offered from very full realms to dead ones.
They have allready said they will merge super dead servers. This allows them to asses the player base and economy and merge in a sensible way.
The only problem being names which they have a solution for and people will just have to accept.

They should have been more pro-active from day 0 with more servers. They have taken money for a service they offered as name reservation and offered no solution to provide that.
if you cannot play on the same server as your buddies with the char name close to what you wanted people will just not play.

They are also no being very pro active with how they deal with the problems.
Using a bot, nodding donkey or 3rd party app to stay in game is against the terms and conditions. Yet every time i log in there are loads of people afking, spinning on the spot or runnning into a corner.
This is making the problem worse, not better.
One of the streamer guys wasnt even playing his own char, other people were playing it and also feeding it drops.

They are also still allowing people to create characters on full servers. You cannot stop this due to the community reasons above, but they could be more proactive.
Find out why people are creating a char and those who are totaly new and those who are rolling for lols because there is a 10000 queue on XXXX should be redirected to an emptyish server.

Soldato
They should have been more pro-active from day 0 with more servers. They have taken money for a service they offered as name reservation and offered no solution to provide that.
if you cannot play on the same server as your buddies with the char name close to what you wanted people will just not play.

This is the reason why we have such issues. Having so few servers to begin with, utterly bizarre. When I initially reserved my char name there were TWO PVP servers. What idiot thought it would be a good idea to start with such few servers.

Soldato
This is the reason why we have such issues. Having so few servers to begin with, utterly bizarre. When I initially reserved my char name there were TWO PVP servers. What idiot thought it would be a good idea to start with such few servers.

Indeed, starting with two PvP servers for the entire English language EU server group was just utter nonsense, and allowing people to reserve names was again a bad move, all it did was mean people paid them for 14 days of time they could not play.

They have allready said they will merge super dead servers.

Must have missed the blue post on this, can you link it please?

Back
Top Bottom