Google apparently suspending some business with Huawei.

Soldato
Soldato
Mate 30 Pro was maybe gonna be my next phone, won’t bother tnow. Too much uncertainty.

Yeah I was excited for what the Mate 30 phone would bring. Rumours suggested 90hz and a decent step-up in the camera, which would have made it a likely purchase for me. If it's not running Android, I won't go near it.

EDIT sideloading and jumping through hoops isn't for me. I want a phone that works without hassle and has a resale value of greater than £50 in a year or two.

Soldato
Pixel 4 likely to be getting manufactured in Vietnam to get around this "thing". Interesting to see how it effects the price

Soldato
RIP Huawei

Currently using P20 pro. Second one as the first one smashed up after a bad fall.

Awesome phone with awesome battery and camera. I did considered the p30 pro as a next phone but look like I won't now. Too many uncertainty and risky.

Shame

Soldato
OP
RIP Huawei

Currently using P20 pro. Second one as the first one smashed up after a bad fall.

Awesome phone with awesome battery and camera. I did considered the p30 pro as a next phone but look like I won't now. Too many uncertainty and risky.

Shame

Existing phones are fine. But any new devices will have issues.

Associate
RIP Huawei

Shame

Too risky?? Hardly there are plenty of other app stores out there I hope Huawei beat this People are over reacting to the press.

Soldato
Too risky?? Hardly there are plenty of other app stores out there I hope Huawei beat this People are over reacting to the press.

Those app stores are shockingly bad though in comparison to Google Play, even the one Samsung put on their phones is terrible.

I'm also not entirely sure if most or any of the popular Google apps will work by installing them from elsewhere, I assume they would need access to Google Play services or Google services Framework.

You have to remember that non-techy Joe Bloggs who is representative of the typical smartphone buyer, isn't going to want to faff about with other app stores or enabling installation from unknown sources.

Associate
Those app stores are shockingly bad though in comparison to Google Play, even the one Samsung put on their phones is terrible.

I'm also not entirely sure if most or any of the popular Google apps will work by installing them from elsewhere, I assume they would need access to Google Play services or Google services Framework.

You have to remember that non-techy Joe Bloggs who is representative of the typical smartphone buyer, isn't going to want to faff about with other app stores or enabling installation from unknown sources.
Don't most people buy Android phones to able to install what they like unlike apple?? Still say it's no big deal really plenty of other apps out there.

Soldato
Don't most people buy Android phones to able to install what they like unlike apple?? Still say it's no big deal really plenty of other apps out there.

I don't believe they do, you have to remember that we're not representative of the general population who don't know anything about rooting devices or installing from unknown sources.

There are plenty of other apps out there, that's true even for right here and now. Yet despite there are other free alternatives to Google, their apps are #1 in share by some considerable margin.

For example, there's Here We Go for maps/Navigation that has been downloaded 10M times according to Google Play. Google Maps in comparison has been downloaded +5Bn times, i.e. over 500x more downloads.

Back
Top Bottom