• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
:D But does it cool any more efficiently?

I’d be up for that but if it’s purely cosmetic then I can’t see the point.

I can’t see it cooling any better if there’s less space between the case side and the fans on the graphics card compared to a decent gap underneath in the traditional orientation.

This is more a conversation for the case/cooling sections maybe.

Soldato
After a reinstall of Windows, I'm actually seeing boosts more in line with what I'm supposed to be getting with a 3700X in an X570 Taichi. HWINFO and Ryzen Master is showing me that one of my cores has actually boosted to 4.4, and the rest are boosting to 4.3-4.375.

All core appears to be around 4.1. Which has sort of assured me that it's still a matter of software quirks between AMD and the board manufacturers' BIOSes.

I'm getting within 1% of online benchmarks in Cinebench, and that's with 64GB of old slow 2400Mhz RAM.

Soldato
Test the new option if You can cause I'm rendering 6 hour long project from rave last night cant test anything hehe

Made me smile :D
69319959_2484447514937950_1210322892114362368_o.png
Or just get a Dell monitor in the first place. ;)

Soldato
@spoffle Did you upgrade to the 3700x from another gen Ryzen without a fresh install of windows? I recently went 2600 > 3600x so I'm wondering if a reinstall of W10 might be worth a try as well.
On Win10 it would be no issue. I went from an old Intel setup to AMD without a fresh install and it's working great so should not be a problem between AMD concurrent generations.

Soldato
@spoffle Did you upgrade to the 3700x from another gen Ryzen without a fresh install of windows? I recently went 2600 > 3600x so I'm wondering if a reinstall of W10 might be worth a try as well.
Yeah, form a 1700 to the 3700X. I'm on Windows 10 as well. A reinstall fixed a few issues I was having with regards to the new platform.

Associate
My friends B450 Tomahawk stopped working for his new 3700X build. He sent it back and got an X570 only to find that didn't post either, he was pretty ****** off with the idea of having to RMA his 3700X and was tempted to just go back to Intel.

Anyway it turns out the display port cable spontaneously broke and was feeding voltage back into his PC. He's now catapulting that into the center of the sun and enjoying a pointless £200 motherboard upgrade :D

I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned somewhere.

Perhaps we've all reached that "Zen" moment where we're all content with our builds :D.
I've still got lots of messing about to do.
My Asus Tuf Gaming X570-plus WiFi has had a new bios since I lasted updated it. Waiting for more user reviews before I take the leap though.
Also, still haven't tinkered with my RAM timings.

I've been too busy playing games lol.

Back
Top Bottom