World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
Oddly enough this is being discussed as I type this, I'll post a link soon, but it's looking like it'll be Flamelash. Although now they're waffling about Horde. I dunno, I game with idiots. Stay tuned.

Firemaw is what I'm already on as an alliance player, tell your idiots it's an English server with none of the Russians or annoying streamers on there.

Caporegime
Caporegime
Oh and that goes for all other homeless, destitute, lost, lonely, saddos like us who want an awesome place to call home, please say hello using the above link and join us!

Caporegime
Total newb here, just started a char on ten storm, elf hunter, is it a bad server or bad choice before i start wasting some time on it?

You'll need to decide if you want PVP combat in the open world or not. It can be immense fun, but it can also be extremely infuriating. Most of us have gone for PVP servers because we can summon friends who will help us spank noobs. As for the server, it's a topic with many shades of grey. For us I've whittled it down to a few servers to reduce the amount of waaaaa we get from people not getting their way, but at the end of the day this is purely a selection in the beginning and it will be home in no time. There are a few guilds on here which are looking for fresh meat, however we're still in the process of sorting it all out (which will be done by tomorrow night) as we wanted to let the dust settle. Have a look here if you're interested.

Soldato
Then when they are out of options a merge is better than just switching it off.
This is where the problem lies, a "dead" server by 2019 standards is just a low/med pop server by 2004 standards, and most of the people playing Classic are people who HATED cross realm zones. A large amount of players made their chars on low/med pop servers back in the day specifically because they wanted to be on a server that wasn't overcrowded (relative) and liked there only being a handful of players in some zones for the immersion factor.

If Blizz do decide to merge Classic servers purely because they are as active as a low/med population Vanilla servers then they completely missed the point (though the fact they had to quadruple the capacity in a matter of days around the launch sort of indicates they still don't understand the appeal anyway).

Associate
I played on skullcrusher which was a high pop server but by wotlk It died a horrible death and I had to pay to move to a higher pop server, losing most my friends and eventually ruining all the fun I used to have in it

Soldato
Queues seem better on pyrewood today. 10 mins at around 5pm.

I'm enjoying classic more than I've enjoyed retail in a long time.

I'm liking taking longer to level. It feels like it means something again. In the last expansion I hit level cap in a day and a half. I've got 24 hours /played and am only 18 at the moment. I've made 20+ of corpse runs and I don't care cos this game is a challenge again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom