New bios released for the MSI X570 Ace

Associate
There were a lot of complaints with IF not being stable and memory issues.

Didn't experience anything this end with v144 and I'm running 1900 IF

Been messing with all the available bios with v13 for me giving me the highest boost clock of 4.50 with my 3700X at stock and lowest memory latency at 63.2ns

Soldato
OP
Just noticed V14 (non-beta) now up

Yup I was just about to post this and so far, im loving this new bios, im just running some quick tests, and so far got my CPU overclock up to 4375ghz, 50mhz above what it would do on v13, without any other changes, my IF is still at 1900mhz and my RAM is still at 3800mhz, going to reboot now and test for 4.4ghz.

Also has a brilliant option in the bios that puts the post code display to some decent use now once the PC has finished posting, it now displays the CPU temp.

MSI may of taken 3 or 4 weeks longer than anyone else to release this AGESA update, but at least they made sure they got it right.

Soldato
OP
V15 ABBA is up :cool:

Flashed it and testing, im not sure if im happy with it though, I may back flash to V14 again, after all im manually overclocking so the boost clocks fix doesnt bother me.

Either my FCLK is causing the system to crash at 1900mhz or my CPU is no longer stable at 4.375ghz, ive just backed it off to 4.35ghz to see if its stable there, but if it crashes out again, then its the FCLK and im going back to V14.

On a different note, im running the latest beta of HWInfo, on Bios V14 it was reading the voltages correctly, on this V15 bios, its not.

EDIT: Just passed 25 passes of IBT AVX standard without a crash at 4.35ghz, Ill have to give it 10 mins though to see if it decides to reboot itself, again, if it does its the FCLK, otherwise if its fine then the CPU was no longer stable at 4.375ghz.

Associate
Flashed it and testing, im not sure if im happy with it though, I may back flash to V14 again, after all im manually overclocking so the boost clocks fix doesnt bother me.

Either my FCLK is causing the system to crash at 1900mhz or my CPU is no longer stable at 4.375ghz, ive just backed it off to 4.35ghz to see if its stable there, but if it crashes out again, then its the FCLK and im going back to V14.

On a different note, im running the latest beta of HWInfo, on Bios V14 it was reading the voltages correctly, on this V15 bios, its not.

EDIT: Just passed 25 passes of IBT AVX standard without a crash at 4.35ghz, Ill have to give it 10 mins though to see if it decides to reboot itself, again, if it does its the FCLK, otherwise if its fine then the CPU was no longer stable at 4.375ghz.

I've ditched fixed OC since I was finding even at 4.35ghz across all cores I would score slightly lower in games benchmarks when compared to stock, with the new V15 bios I'm now boosting frequently to 4.50-4.55ghz on 3700X! Multi threaded load seems the same around 4.2ghz but lightly threaded performance has increased for me. My usual Shadow Tomb Raider Bench run has increased by a 3-4fps

I think my 3700X thinks it's a 3800X :D

Associate
Another new Beta Bios:

Version
7C35v172(Beta version)
Release Date
2019-11-07
File Size
14.76 MB

- Improved system boot up time.
- Improved PCI-E device compatibility.
Note: MSI do not recommend updating the BIOS unless it is necessary

Soldato
OP
Another new Beta Bios:

Version
7C35v172(Beta version)
Release Date
2019-11-07
File Size
14.76 MB

- Improved system boot up time.
- Improved PCI-E device compatibility.
Note: MSI do not recommend updating the BIOS unless it is necessary

I think this one is to fix all the problems people were reporting with 3rd party Sound cards, never had a problem myself, but the further improved bootup time is interesting.

Associate
What's your take on this board now that you've all had some time with it? Worth getting, hate it? Love it?

I'm thinking of pairing it with either the 3600X or the 3700X?

Cheers :)

Really happy with mine to be honest. I’m currently running a 3900X on the latest beta 172 bios and the chip is boosting to just over 4600 on one core then I have several at 4500+.

All bios options are default but I am using the 1usmus power plan.

I have 4x8gb 8 Pack 3200 ram running at 3600 16 16 16 32 and it is absolutely rock solid! My main reason for choosing this board was the free AIO cooler which they ended up sending me 2!!

I can’t fault it, if I didn’t buy this one I would have gone for the Gigabyte Aurous Master.

Overall though I’m very impressed with the ACE.

Man of Honour
Really happy with mine to be honest. I’m currently running a 3900X on the latest beta 172 bios and the chip is boosting to just over 4600 on one core then I have several at 4500+.

I have 4x8gb 8 Pack 3200 ram running at 3600 16 16 16 32 and it is absolutely rock solid! My main reason for choosing this board was the free AIO cooler which they ended up sending me 2!!

I can’t fault it, if I didn’t buy this one I would have gone for the Gigabyte Aurous Master.

Sweet, sounds great, thanks for the info :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Yup I agree, loved it in the beginning, love it even more now, ive paired mine with a 3800X, originally I was running it with a manual overclock of 4375mhz, but since all the boost issues have been sorted, ive just left the CPU to do its own thing, the RAM im running is G.Skill trident Z Royal Silver CL18 3600mhz, 4 x 8gb (32gb), ive overclocked that to 3800mhz with stock timings but tightened sub timings, 1.4v and the FCLK at 1900mhz, all fully stable, im also running 3 way NVME RAID0 which I love, 9000mb/s transfer speeds.

I still want a 3900x though lol, but I may wait now until RyZen 4000 release before taking that step, hopefully they wont have the shortage again next time, and its looking quite promising.

v17 is now out of beta and made official: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MEG-X570-ACE

MSI sent me 2 coolers too lol, the wrong one the first time and the right one the 2nd, sold both on MM, making over £100 back so the board only really cost me £240.

Soldato
hey sorry for dumb question but I have hunted and hunted elsewhere for a definitive answer and drawn blanks. How much of the ACE heatsinks and shrouds are plastic vs metal? Eg are the nvme covers metal? What about the VRM heatsink. The chipset fan surround and grill ? etc etc

TrM

TrM

Associate
hey sorry for dumb question but I have hunted and hunted elsewhere for a definitive answer and drawn blanks. How much of the ACE heatsinks and shrouds are plastic vs metal? Eg are the nvme covers metal? What about the VRM heatsink. The chipset fan surround and grill ? etc etc

the shroud over the io and sounchipset is plastic going down the left side of the mobo. Ssd heatsink are full metal shroud above the chipset fan is plastic

Soldato
the shroud over the io and sounchipset is plastic going down the left side of the mobo. Ssd heatsink are full metal shroud above the chipset fan is plastic

thanks, really useful to know. What about over the VRMs to top of the board?

Also where there is the big RGB/LED display over the main rear I/O if that's plastic how much below is metal?

Back
Top Bottom