Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Soldato
playing witcher 3 on this has been amazing.
i also booted up mass effect 3 and it was fantastic.

my repla[cement screen has come today. tbh im so happy even just with this one with the 2 dead pixels.. if it wasnt in the internet browser menu part i'd probably have just dealt with it. cant be bothered with the faff now though of moving this monitor and installing the other.. will try and do it this weekend.

the horizontal real estate i'd say is JUST enough to fill up peripheral vision.

Associate
Hi,

I've currently got the itch to upgrade and I'm looking at this on a certain site as they have a few in stock all of a sudden but I don't know if its right for me.

I do love my games like BFV, Overwatch and occasionally Total War I'm not competitive anymore just with getting older and reaction times have slowed but I do like to play to a good level, I'm worried that my 2080ti won't be able to give me a good fps on the full rez, do you think would I struggle ?

Productivity wise it would be good as I often have multiple PC's and or laptops on the go at the same time for work so being able to put them into the same monitor might be good.

I currently have the Alienware AW3418DW and I'm not sure if it's worth the upgrade or just the itch to upgrade to HDR.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Associate
Hi,

I've currently got the itch to upgrade and I'm looking at this on a certain site as they have a few in stock all of a sudden but I don't know if its right for me.

I do love my games like BFV, Overwatch and occasionally Total War I'm not competitive anymore just with getting older and reaction times have slowed but I do like to play to a good level, I'm worried that my 2080ti won't be able to give me a good fps on the full rez, do you think would I struggle ?

Productivity wise it would be good as I often have multiple PC's and or laptops on the go at the same time for work so being able to put them into the same monitor might be good.

I currently have the Alienware AW3418DW and I'm not sure if it's worth the upgrade or just the itch to upgrade to HDR.

Thanks.

I am the same as you - I play on a dad level ( just for fun ) - can't compete with the young uns these days.

BF5 works lovely with the monitor. I have total war the new 3 kingdoms one but not booted it up yet so will try that for you on that monitor.

I also have an alienware the same as you and I would not upgrade for HDR ( HDR for monitors is poor atm compared to oled tvs etc )

I will take some photos later of various games and post them

Soldato
Hi,

Thanks.

im on a 2080 and its fine for hitting 60fps in most games or above.

overwatch is gonna have to be played in a 16:9 window for optiamal experience tho as blizzard are against ultrawide.

Caporegime

Hmmmm the Alienware you have is VERY good mate! Don't upgrade to this screen for just the HDR though, it's not that good. normal SDR is lovely though and v v good!! :)

I'm on a 5700XT and just hoping to **** that Borderlands 3 runs well with it!! :D

Associate
Thanks gents for the input.

I currently have an OLED (well curry’s have it in for screen burn at the moment even though it’s on eco and and screen shift is on ) and I thought the HDR would be just as good for some reason.

I might look at the upgrade as a pure real estate gain then.

I would love to see one up close but unfortunately that’s not possible, asi can’t imagine anywhere stocking these on there shop floors.

Soldato
Thanks gents for the input.

I currently have an OLED (well curry’s have it in for screen burn at the moment even though it’s on eco and and screen shift is on ) and I thought the HDR would be just as good for some reason.

I might look at the upgrade as a pure real estate gain then.

I would love to see one up close but unfortunately that’s not possible, asi can’t imagine anywhere stocking these on there shop floors.

This monitor is way better than my aw34 but only oled or fald do hdr justice.

Associate
What would you guys expect to see fps wise on say BFV at 120mhz on this on maybe medium to high settings. If it would be around the 120 ( hoping ) then happy days if not I might just pull the AW a little closer ;)

Edit - managed to find a few posts on Reddit so should be good

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a new one.
Stuck pixel right in the middle of the screen on a black background.

Not really sure what to do other than return and re-order which seems like a lot of faff. Amazon can't issue another replacement but can refund.

Soldato
I'm gonna keep the 2 dead pixel one for now.. as its REALLY not noticable in anything but the google chrome address bar.

will returen this one then order one more from amazon to play the pannel lottery.

Associate
Just got this monitor the other day. It's stunning apart from the black smearing on dark backgrounds. It's looks as bad as by old ultrawide IPS backlight bleed and is most noticeable on dark loading screens.

I was wondering if there is some screen settings I can change to try and reduce it?

Associate
Just got this monitor the other day. It's stunning apart from the black smearing on dark backgrounds. It's looks as bad as by old ultrawide IPS backlight bleed and is most noticeable on dark loading screens.

I was wondering if there is some screen settings I can change to try and reduce it?

Which problem are you trying to fix? The backlight bleed or the dark smearing?

Back
Top Bottom