*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Don't the ancient arrows just vaporise enemies with no loot drop? I toyed with them for a bit and gave up. Ancient swords and shields are good to have though, and a brave horse :p I remember being owned so many times by guardians until I got into the swing of it, eventually becoming a guardian hunter was a great gaming journey.

E: get in close and chop their legs off for extra loot

hehe kool, im gonna go choppy choppy on them :D

Soldato
Don't the ancient arrows just vaporise enemies with no loot drop? I toyed with them for a bit and gave up. Ancient swords and shields are good to have though, and a brave horse :p I remember being owned so many times by guardians until I got into the swing of it, eventually becoming a guardian hunter was a great gaming journey.

E: get in close and chop their legs off for extra loot

They are a lot easier to take down up close, just hit them in the eye with an arrow then get underneath. However make sure there are no thunderstorms in your forecast (yep got vaporised this morning as I hadn't noticed a storm creeping in)

Soldato
got quite a few under my belt now in the castle field area, been getting in close and doing the arrow to the eye if i can and smashing them with the master sword since it is lighting up blue when close to them :D

managed to sneak up on a few of the stationary ones and just melee them to death.

thanks for all the tips guys :D

Associate
Help and advice please, I've just bought a new switch, it was in the new red box, but I'm unsure based on battery life if I've got a new model 1.1 in the red box.... If possible could you let me know what version of switch you have (original or 1.1) and it's first 3 letters of its serial number please as seen in the system settings so I can compare it to mine....

Soldato
Help and advice please, I've just bought a new switch, it was in the new red box, but I'm unsure based on battery life if I've got a new model 1.1 in the red box.... If possible could you let me know what version of switch you have (original or 1.1) and it's first 3 letters of its serial number please as seen in the system settings so I can compare it to mine....

XAJ on mine and its the old one i got at christmas.

edit: box is not all red.

Associate
is your one the new one? we must know :)

Indeed it appears to be, first three letters of the serial number is XJW, the thing that really threw me though was the battery percentage and the performance, but due to only one full charge since new, due to purchasing today, the battery percentage accuracy had not had time to bed in, I let my console run all the way down and it sat on one percent battery while playing a game for around 30 minutes.

Plus I had auto brightness on, it was on over 50 percent, now changed to around 20 percent.

Soldato
Indeed it appears to be, first three letters of the serial number is XJW, the thing that really threw me though was the battery percentage and the performance, but due to only one full charge since new, due to purchasing today, the battery percentage accuracy had not had time to bed in, I let my console run all the way down and it sat on one percent battery while playing a game for around 30 minutes.

Plus I had auto brightness on, it was on over 50 percent, now changed to around 20 percent.

awesome good to know, the switch battery life is not the best but your one should be better than mine :)

edit: what game u playing?

double edit: i have my screen brightness about 40-55 on manual mode most times, same with phones and tablets and some times lower etc

drunk edit : u need a screen protector as the screen is plastic and putting in and out of dock will scratch it.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XTCKBVM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 try they ones they work awesome and a lot better than the stupid matte ones i got in game for over twice the price.

had one fitted since jan or feb and their awesome also got one on dads switch, nice and responsive and lets all the colours through :)

Last edited:
Associate
awesome good to know, the switch battery life is not the best but your one should be better than mine :)

edit: what game u playing?

double edit: i have my screen brightness about 40-55 on manual mode most times, same with phones and tablets and some times lower etc

drunk edit : u need a screen protector as the screen is plastic and putting in and out of dock will scratch it.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XTCKBVM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 try they ones they work awesome and a lot better than the stupid matte ones i got in game for over twice the price.

had one fitted since jan or feb and their awesome also got one on dads switch, nice and responsive and lets all the colours through :)

Thank you for your reply, I haven't yet fitted my screen protector, but I bought one of these

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Screen-P...&qid=1567231338&s=gateway&sprefix=Orzl&sr=8-3

I have only played switch in handheld mode so far, as that was the main purpose for purchase and to mostly play large RPG games.

Currently playing, Octopath traveller (demo, going to order today) xenoblade chronicles 2 (2 hours in excellent, I shall buy Torna too) final fantasy zodiac (excellent) Zelda Bow (excellent) dragon Quest xi demo (excellent, will be purchasing even though I have it on PC).

Games in my collection not yet played, Mario kart, Mario Rabbids, Smash bros ultimate, monster hunter,Mario Bros deluxe, Tetris.

I have pre-ordered NI no Kuni.

Plus I have downloaded a load of free demo games from the store.

I got the free twitch prime 12 month Nintendo sub too.

We are going on holiday in October, so I kind of wanted a few games to keep me busy while sat around the pool.

I have a ps4 pro and a nice gaming pc, but totally loving the Switch.

Last edited:
Associate
Good luck using it outside anywhere sunny :p

I hadn't considered it would be an issue, I might just have to play it with a beach towel over my head..... Or devise an hybrid baseball cap with some kind of foldable black out sheet that rolls down to cover the switch in darkness.

Failing that, maybe the wife will be happy by the pool on her own whilst I spend the majority of the holiday in the room.... With good reason too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom