Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Associate
Thanks.

My reported DRAM voltage is, depending on load, in the region of 0.04V to 0.06V higher than the value I set in BIOS.
Closer to how mine behaves than theirs then! Do you need to set vTT manually when reported starts going over 1.4v or is Auto ok? At 1.35v set in bios the main difference in stability is going from XMP barely stable to flat timings at high mhz (and of course all the random weirdness stops).

For info my board was from the second batch OCUK got in, arrived in stock around the 23rd July iirc.

Associate
Closer to how mine behaves than theirs then! Do you need to set vTT manually when reported starts going over 1.4v or is Auto ok? At 1.35v set in bios the main difference in stability is going from XMP barely stable to flat timings at high mhz (and of course all the random weirdness stops).

For info my board was from the second batch OCUK got in, arrived in stock around the 23rd July iirc.
I'm using a Ryzen 7 2700, so results I get at the moment aren't totally comparable.

So far I've not had too much time to try out different settings. The best I've managed up to this point is setting XMP (vTT on auto) and that's fully stable. Bumping up the frequency and loosening timings results in failed POSTs. Need to revisit this when I've got the chance. In the meantime, XMP will have to do unfortunately.

Associate
Suspiciously similar to my experience... Hope the vTT adjustment sorts it for you when you get the free time to tinker :)

What power supply do you have by the way? Pretty sure mine is FSP based, its an EVGA G+.

Last edited:
Associate
I am also getting this 30mw extra on my aorus master, I am pretty sure most of us are in the same ship. Just majority dont give a **** about it :D also Matt from gigabyte was measuring voltage with multimeter a few weeks ago had 1.35 on settings 1.37V on multimeter and 1.38 on display, so wouldnt say its only display error..
P.S. I am using 2x16sticks and corsair RM850x PSU.

Associate
Suspiciously similar to my experience... Hope the vTT adjustment sorts it for you when you get the free time to tinker :)
When I first read your post about your vTT findings, I was hoping this would be my golden ticket that I missing. I had a quick attempt at adjusting vTT according to your recommendations, but still wasn't able to POST at higher frequencies than XMP (and looser timings), so had to revert to using XMP for the moment.

What power supply do you have by the way? Pretty sure mine is FSP based, its an EVGA G+.
Corsair SF750 (built by Great Wall).

Associate
I am also getting this 30mw extra on my aorus master, I am pretty sure most of us are in the same ship. Just majority dont give a **** about it :D also Matt from gigabyte was measuring voltage with multimeter a few weeks ago had 1.35 on settings 1.37V on multimeter and 1.38 on display, so wouldnt say its only display error..
P.S. I am using 2x16sticks and corsair RM850x PSU.
Nothing to do with the 30mv, only interested if you have MORE overshoot than the "expected 30mv reporting error". I have more than 30mv overshoot reported in bios and only read 20mv under reported value with a multimeter. Expected behaviour according to support is +30mv reported with actual matching exactly the set value. None of this would be an issue if it worked anyway but without Manually setting vTT my memory oc is severely limited. This is limited to this board only, its fine on my B450i with the exact same hardware - no need to adjust vTT and clocks well.

When I first read your post about your vTT findings, I was hoping this would be my golden ticket that I missing. I had a quick attempt at adjusting vTT according to your recommendations, but still wasn't able to POST at higher frequencies than XMP (and looser timings), so had to revert to using XMP for the moment. Corsair SF750 (built by Great Wall).

Damn I really hoped that would help you, it sounded so similar to what I went through. Thats 6 users so far who have made it known that they have over 30mv vDDR overshoot and poor memory clocking. Sadly only myself and one other user have had this fix itself by manually modifying vTT. It made such a huge and immediate difference for me I really thought id found a golden bullet for a proportion of users who seem to be having the same issues.

I have a CWT and a Superflower based PSU to swap in today to see if it makes a difference, though I don't expect any change.

Last edited:
Associate
Damn I really hoped that would help you, it sounded so similar to what I went through. Thats 6 users so far who have made it known that they have over 30mv vDDR overshoot and poor memory clocking. Sadly only myself and one other user have had this fix itself by manually modifying vTT. It made such a huge and immediate difference for me I really thought id found a golden bullet for a proportion of users who seem to be having the same issues.

I have a CWT and a Superflower based PSU to swap in today to see if it makes a difference, though I don't expect any change.
I was hoping so as well. Really appreciate you sharing your findings though.

Associate
I've bought a 2nd X570 Aorus Ultra to use in a DAW/music production rig, will I be able to get the £30 Steam voucher for that one too or is it only one per person, the name & address will be the same on the invoice but obviously it's a different unique invoice as I bought the second one from a different vendor.

It's only ment to be one per person, this is to stop companies buying multiple boards to get the vouchers then selling them on. If it's a personal purchase and you are leaving two reviews I might be able to help.

@GIGA-Man It was indeed a personal purchase & I've left 2 reviews on 2 different sites. It's been a couple of weeks now & had no reply about the second one.

I can't see a way to PM you on here, how can I contact you about this?

Associate
@GIGA-Man It was indeed a personal purchase & I've left 2 reviews on 2 different sites. It's been a couple of weeks now & had no reply about the second one.

I can't see a way to PM you on here, how can I contact you about this?

Hey Mandroid,

I'm planning on clearing all outstanding stream registrations by tomorrow personally, can you do me a small favour and mail [email protected] with you serial numbers and I'll make sure I don't block it seeing the same name twice.

Soldato
@GIGA-Man

Hi, is there anyway you can feedback to / request from Gigabyte the following memory be tested and added to the QVL please? The specs of these boards all suggest they support up to 128GB but there are no 32 GB ECC modules on the QVL.

DDR4 ECC RAM

Crucial - CT32G4RFD4266 (preferred)
Kingston - KTH-PL424/32G

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-aorus-pro_matisse_v2.pdf

I've requested it but this might take a little while.

Hi @GIGA-Man it's been almost a month but wasn't sure how long you meant, is there any news please?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the vid, seemed he was painting ASUS quite favourably and the Gigabyte ITX, shame he didn't include the Gigabyte Master.

ITX is 8 layer PCB like the Xtreme . might of played a part in it . UD/GAMING X/ Elite are all 4 layers and Pro/Ultra/Master are 6 . X470 Aorus 7 was 8 layer so bit of a shame it is down to 6 but guessing cost of PCIe would have made it a bit to ££

Ree

Ree

Associate
tried that F5a bios for my x570 auros elite and lost the ability to select a boot sequence only one drive (a data drive) was showing and all the rest were not even selectable :confused: went back to F4j don't want that hot swap nonsense on my pc. as if everyone disconnects internal hard drives every five minutes to even need it. it's something that will be handy for some but useless for most.

Associate
Hey Tomuks,

I have reported this to my HQ but so I can get them to chase it up faster, could you send a screen shot of the temps, showing the temps and HWinfo version and result.

Thanks
Sorry for late replay, adding screenshot
https://prnt.sc/p5tdpg

As you can see I had it as high as 83degrees, On Aida64 it says PCH, on hwinfo amd chipset? so how can it be so high? and what is it? As its definitely not the chipset temp which is cooled by PCH FAN. Thanks.

Caporegime
Anyone having an issue with their PC restarting automatically after a windows shutdown?

I've got an Aorus X570 Xtreme and for the past week or so, when I click shutdown in windows, it completely shuts down as normal and then after about 2 seconds it restarts again.

Other than holding down the power button on the case I can't turn the bloody thing off.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Anyone having an issue with their PC restarting automatically after a windows shutdown?

I've got an Aorus X570 Xtreme and for the past week or so, when I click shutdown in windows, it completely shuts down as normal and then after about 2 seconds it restarts again.

Other than holding down the power button on the case I can't turn the bloody thing off.

Any ideas?

Is there an issue with the button on the case or is the button connected correctly?

Back
Top Bottom