• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia DLSS 5 months on-a win or fail?

Soldato
ok then its like someone without a HDR TV and giving an opinion on how bad HDR is based on screen shots they have seen rather than actually experiencing it first hand. So yes its pretty relevant in my book. Reviews are also very subjective :D
Nothing like that at all. HDR requires a HDR display to view which is fair enough. DLSS image quality doesn't become magically better just because you are sat next to the graphics card. Unless perhaps you are also drinking Nvidia's special green Kool-Aid at the same time.

I am not anti-RTX as a technology, the RT part is interesting and shows promise, I will probably get a 3080Ti. DLSS on the other hand is just plain bad. It takes time/money to train, requires developer support, only supports certain resolutions and requires dedicated silicon. On the other hand, CAS-based sharpening can pretty much match the quality, supports all games and resolutions and is user adjustable.

Soldato
Lol.

But the question is, do you own a RTX card? :p

Here's mine

serveimage.jpg

Permabanned
Fail. Hardly any support for it and current implementation is fail anyways.

RTX probably won’t be worth it for another 2-3 years at the rate they are going. I actually might even not bother upgrading my PC for a very long time and just get a PS5 and be done with it. Not enough time to game these days so a PS5, Switch and huge Steam library to revisit is more than enough.

Same here but only if the PS5 has proper mouse & keyboard support & by proper I don't mean anything like how a lot of console games on the EPIC store support them, EPIC store games like Heavy Rain are awful to play with mouse & keyboard.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I own 2 and I still think its hilarious
You must be lying. Sunshinewelly says if you own one then it is so good that it would be impossible to think that! :p

Now the question is, are you lying or do you own a TV or a monitor. If the latter, then you are doing it wrong apparently :p;)

I don't but have seen enough to know it's pointless, on the internet and in person.
Here's mine

serveimage.jpg

:D

Same here but only if the PS5 has proper mouse & keyboard support & by proper I don't mean anything like how a lot of console games on the EPIC store support them, EPIC store games like Heavy Rain are awful to play with mouse & keyboard.

I am not bothered about that. It will be in the living room so happy with a controller.

Soldato

On a PC the mouse and keyboard has low level hardware support and native drivers.

Current consoles are lacking that, it's emulated and the controls still behave like a control pad. Which is very clumsy and laggy.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
LOL

That's exactly the one I have too!!
You are doing it wrong, as I mentioned to someone else, you need to be playing on a tv and sitting at least 20 foot away to see how brilliant DLSS is. Honestly, you can’t tell the difference, you just get free fps! :p

Nvidia are just awesome, they can charge us £1999 for the 3080 Ti, it is worth it! :p:D

Permabanned
On a PC the mouse and keyboard has low level hardware support and native drivers.
Current consoles are lacking that, it's emulated and the controls still behave like a control pad. Which is very clumsy and laggy.

I've got a Xim Apex for the PS4 but I was disappointed in how slow the mouse movement (Aim) felt, I have a left handed Deathadder which are pretty dated now, It's only rated for something like 3500 dpi, nowadays they hit up to somewhere around 9000 dpi so it might be okay with one of those but there's nothing Left handed faster than the Deathadder.

Soldato
But I bet simply turning down the rendering resolution will still be better :D

It’s not - not only is performance worse but so is the image quality

And I’m not the only one - there are many screens and videos posted here to prove it

For me I’m using 4K dlss which renders up from 1440p resolution. If I turn dlss off and change the render to 1440p manually then compare - fps is lower and image quality lower than DLSS

Soldato
It’s not - not only is performance worse but so is the image quality

And I’m not the only one - there are many screens and videos posted here to prove it

For me I’m using 4K dlss which renders up from 1440p resolution. If I turn dlss off and change the render to 1440p manually then compare - fps is lower and image quality lower than DLSS

That is why people are using 1800p plus sharpening on a 4k screen you find it hard to tell the difference.

It's better than using DLSS big youtube channels agree with me.

Back
Top Bottom