Hot Hatch Owners

Associate
What are the exact specs on that?

Its a Cupra 290 Lux, so the list is pretty exentensive.

My understanding is the lux includes
Convieniance pack - Just automatic everything really (lights, wipers, dimming rear view mirror etc)
LED Pack - Just replaces all interior lights with LED ones
Adaptive Cruise Control
Full Heated Leather
Heated washers jets, bottle
Keyless Entry and Go
Wireless Phone Charging

Then the non lux / lux has the following
Digital Cockpit - More customisable than the golf i believe.
8" Infotainment system with DAB, x4 USB slots, x2 SD Card Slots, Apple Car Play, Android Auto, Mirror Link, Sat Nav, Bluetooth
Cupra Performance Interface
Front and Rear Parking sensors
DSG 7 Speed Gearbox
Dual Climate Control
Iluminated Door Cards
Electronic Handbrake
Mechanical Limited Slip Diff
19" Machine Polished Alloys
Stop Start
Hill Hold
Dynamic Chassis Control

The engine is the EA888 which is in the Golf R, and Audi S3 but its running slightly less power (286bhp) as this is FWD and the other two a 4WD, but this weighs less. 0-60 no contest, 4WD always wins, but rolling start this will just edge it due to weight difference and power loss through 4WD system.

Then just the usual stuff most cars have now, ABS, Power steering, you know what i mean the usual list of spec manufacturers add to the spec sheet :)

For the money they are an amazing car and i have been very impressed so far, but they do lack a bit of refinement the Golf / Audi will have, which is probably where Seat have saved the cash, but dont get me wrong its not night and day differnce. Just suttle

Soldato
Its a Cupra 290 Lux, so the list is pretty exentensive.

My understanding is the lux includes
Convieniance pack - Just automatic everything really (lights, wipers, dimming rear view mirror etc)
LED Pack - Just replaces all interior lights with LED ones
Adaptive Cruise Control
Full Heated Leather
Heated washers jets, bottle
Keyless Entry and Go
Wireless Phone Charging

Then the non lux / lux has the following
Digital Cockpit - More customisable than the golf i believe.
8" Infotainment system with DAB, x4 USB slots, x2 SD Card Slots, Apple Car Play, Android Auto, Mirror Link, Sat Nav, Bluetooth
Cupra Performance Interface
Front and Rear Parking sensors
DSG 7 Speed Gearbox
Dual Climate Control
Iluminated Door Cards
Electronic Handbrake
Mechanical Limited Slip Diff
19" Machine Polished Alloys
Stop Start
Hill Hold
Dynamic Chassis Control

The engine is the EA888 which is in the Golf R, and Audi S3 but its running slightly less power (286bhp) as this is FWD and the other two a 4WD, but this weighs less. 0-60 no contest, 4WD always wins, but rolling start this will just edge it due to weight difference and power loss through 4WD system.

Then just the usual stuff most cars have now, ABS, Power steering, you know what i mean the usual list of spec manufacturers add to the spec sheet :)

For the money they are an amazing car and i have been very impressed so far, but they do lack a bit of refinement the Golf / Audi will have, which is probably where Seat have saved the cash, but dont get me wrong its not night and day differnce. Just suttle

Very nice, lots of the modern trimmings.

Soldato
Recently I've had the centre silencer removed from the exhaust and replaced with straight pipe. The car sounds a lot better for it, lots of rumbles and coughs/pops firing out of the back. No annoying exhaust drone either which is a massive bonus! I'm averaging ~27MPG in my car with my daily usage. Sitting on motorways at 70MPH ~35MPG is easily achievable so it's not too bad.
Had the mid box chop done recently and am very pleased I did :)

Soldato
Done the same on the Focus - pleasant enough for the money and doesn't drone either. Will never compete with a proper exhaust system (or something that's just not a 4 pot) but gives it some sort of audible character which the Mk3 ST totally misses as standard

Associate
BOV is under the front bumper so i'll have it replaced with the intercooler.
What a faff still to replace a bit that cost few hundred quid to replace too lol.
Well bought my mate which he bought it off my other mate CP-E top mount intercooler for the MPS, took me good 2 hours of my evening to install, had most trouble getting the hoses off the recirc valve,intercooler and air filter box to make bit more room to work with.

Soldato
What a faff still to replace a bit that cost few hundred quid to replace too lol.
Well bought my mate which he bought it off my other mate CP-E top mount intercooler for the MPS, took me good 2 hours of my evening to install, had most trouble getting the hoses off the recirc valve,intercooler and air filter box to make bit more room to work with.

The hoses for the above install were all easy at least, the one on front now goes below with a right angle hose adapter which I just redid to get the length just right and keep it away from a nearby hot hose.

I'll get the BOV replaced when I get the intercooler done, probably going to go for the one with adjustable atmospheric release and leave it on internal circulation. Want it more for the strength than the sound.

Back
Top Bottom