World of Warcraft: Classic

Associate
Level 10 on my mage and basically bored now, it has reunited me with a lot of old guildies (moved off a pvp server as I didn't enjoy it) but can't see it lasting very long. Much prefer retail. The grass isn't always greener is it.

Associate
Not surprised considering vanilla raid mechanics are at best similar to retail LFR. :p
People have all the knowledge in the world to basically brute force vanilla content, no such thing as gating or farming resistances like it was back then.

Soldato
Man people are just spoilt these days.

Quite enjoying getting hunted down by ruthless Murlock death squad's.

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is long BG waiting times.

Soldato
Nice thing is all the epeen racers will be burnt out in a few weeks and have moved on. The point of Classic is to enjoy the journey not to just be first at everything, especially as it's all been done before.

I'm talking my time and helping others out along the way. Quite enjoying it so far. Might do a bit of fishing today :cool:

Associate
Yes I understand that guild have been on private classic servers for a while and have probably done MC hundreds of times. I still think (hope) the average guild will progress slowly through the endgame content.

Soldato
Seems people are farming dungeons as a 10 man group to skip most of the content...wtf

Yeah, that used to be a thing. You could run dungeons as 10 man "raid", as most found it too difficult as 5. Only downside was you couldn't complete quests, but you still got XP/Loot...at some point they stopped it and forced 5 man only, I thought WoW classic would have enforced that.

Soldato
Yes I understand that guild have been on private classic servers for a while and have probably done MC hundreds of times. I still think (hope) the average guild will progress slowly through the endgame content.

I mean the game is not hard and most returning players will know the mechanics of the fights, levelling a big enough raid team will take your average guild a couple of months anyway.

Soldato
I don't know if i'd like to play this game again in honesty, as I don't have the time to do it, with having a life and better things to do :p But, I wish I was 20 again and new to MMOs.

To be honest, no matter how they reintroduce classic, it'll never recapture the feeling of the original. Think i'm happy with just having played it back then to a high level, rather then trying to ignite some nostalgia feelings. It's not going to happen.

Caporegime
Was saying last night how the only negative for me is how much I'm missing some of the quality of life improvements.
Those extra flight paths. Portals. Mounts at lower levels. Meeting stones. Just little things.

Soldato
Was saying last night how the only negative for me is how much I'm missing some of the quality of life improvements.
Those extra flight paths. Portals. Mounts at lower levels. Meeting stones. Just little things.

I think that's how we started down the path to BFA ;)

Back
Top Bottom