Couples Gaming

Soldato
My misses has absolutely zero interest in games, even crappy Facebook type phone games. My 7 year old daughter and I often play Switch games together though. Probably a generational thing. Computers and gaming were for nerds and lads as far as wifey is concerned

Soldato
I used to play with a fair few on here in the very early 360 days a racing game of sorts.

Hopefully looking forward to getting some more game time in when MW comes out.

A

Soldato
This thread brings back some memories. Alrik, Krono, Miss K, dannyjo, Gimpy, Sid, gord, Squinoogle, da_mic, cheet, kreeee people have moved on it seems :( Gears was one of the best highlights of MP gaming, we played loads of games of fortnite last night and folk don't even speak anymore!

Ha! So many memories - great link - cheers!

That for me, was when overclockers console forums where at the height of a "community feel" as opposed to just a lot of us talking about games on a forum. I remember the fifa leagues, the gears of war, even the PGR racing games.

A few reasons why I think it fell apart,

1. Back in the day, there were so few online games on the 360 we were all forced onto a particular set of games - now, at the end of a generation, there is too much choice
2. Online gaming has become much more mainstream, leading to "real life" friends gaming with each other, rather than strangers on OCUK
3. We all grew up! I was still at uni when the first gears of war came out, I think most of us now have jobs and families!
4. The PS4 - it broke that "ring" of the 360 community

We should probably try and arrange something for old times sake one day

Associate
I played the following with my girlfriend

- Overcooked (xbox)
- Overcooked 2 (xbox)
- Rayman Legends (xbox)
- Mario Kart 8 (Switch)
- Age of Empires (PC)
- Fortnite (PC)

Haven't played much recently though as she's currently got a Stardew Valley addiction which isn't my cup of tea :)

Soldato
Used to play a lot of battlefield 3 & 4 with my wife, you haven't lived until someone calls your wife a "camping whore" and you end up in the dog house for saying "move then" in reply.

Currently playing PubG with her after a long break from her gaming (she hated BF1 and BFV) probally gears as well cause she loved the others.

Caporegime
Ha! So many memories - great link - cheers!

That for me, was when overclockers console forums where at the height of a "community feel" as opposed to just a lot of us talking about games on a forum. I remember the fifa leagues, the gears of war, even the PGR racing games.

A few reasons why I think it fell apart,

1. Back in the day, there were so few online games on the 360 we were all forced onto a particular set of games - now, at the end of a generation, there is too much choice
2. Online gaming has become much more mainstream, leading to "real life" friends gaming with each other, rather than strangers on OCUK
3. We all grew up! I was still at uni when the first gears of war came out, I think most of us now have jobs and families!
4. The PS4 - it broke that "ring" of the 360 community

We should probably try and arrange something for old times sake one day

it's hard to find regular players these days for some reason. was much easier back then. too many casual gamers now. i've switched to pc and it's really bad. the scene can be very toxic and it's rare you find team mates you can have a good game with.

it's why i only play apex with 2 guys i know in real life. i will play occasionally with others but not often. csgo i'm forced to play with randoms most of the time. i tried to get a group off here but one guy only plays on his discord where he asked us all to join but they only play scrims. out of all the others i have 1 regular with 3-4 who play now and again. the rest don't even bother or are never on.

it's also harder because it's a ranked game and having people at different ranks it can be too hard for some. so it splits community up even more.

you have to just find people through playing with randoms these days. which is luck more than anything.

Don
OP
Used to play a lot of battlefield 3 & 4 with my wife, you haven't lived until someone calls your wife a "camping whore" and you end up in the dog house for saying "move then" in reply.

Currently playing PubG with her after a long break from her gaming (she hated BF1 and BFV) probally gears as well cause she loved the others.

:D - We do go on game chat but it’s more boys/men shocked a girl is actually playing a game but she does get messages of abuse from COD players. She often finds them quite amusing but I tend to respond on her behalf! She is a camper too mind.

Fortnite when you don’t get kids there are actually some nice chaps out there to play with.

Associate
Me and the Hubby recently started co-op Gear of War Ultimate Edition (Gears 1) on Xbox One. We were doing well, then Borderlands 3 came out and we have been living separate lives since - We both want to try and play B3 as a single player first (on PC) - call us nuts perhaps...

Back
Top Bottom