*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Above is the reason I dont do phone calls with Sky and only do chat or emails, where there is a record kept should there be any 'misunderstandings'. No decent deals online with Sky just now, my Virgin deal expires on 15th Sept, happy to wait and see, can get Nowtv Ent. for £5.99 to tide me over if nothing else happens and cancel anytime.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty disgusted with Sky at the moment.
Phoned up last week as my £68 package deal was ending, up to £108 full price.
After the usual faff on for 30 minutes, got the same package for another 18 month deal for £62. £6 less than my previous deal.
Went to check my account today, lo and behold I’m being charged £80 a month. Not £62. Proper scammed.
So back on the phone tonight I go.

How did you get on?

Associate
How did you get on?

Well I had to wait 43 minutes to speak to them.
They said there’s been a mix up with the agreed offers, and they would alter it back. But they couldn’t do it till another of their depts got back to them.
I was in 2 minds as to what to do, in the end I agreed to stay. It’s a decent offer, albeit with the caveat of having to deal with all of the associated crap to get it.
Awful company to deal with, they really are.

Don
I was due to speak to Sky this month as my offers were due to expire next month (12 and 18 month deals) but they actually have put the Sports/HD and another deal back on and sent me a letter informing me and without me having to instigate anything, which is nice.

Soldato
I was due to speak to Sky this month as my offers were due to expire next month (12 and 18 month deals) but they actually have put the Sports/HD and another deal back on and sent me a letter informing me and without me having to instigate anything, which is nice.
RTMd for sheer BS. Sky just don't offer that level of existing customer care... Apparently

:p

Associate
what online chat method do you all use to contact them.

The sky site is a shocking site for just trying to change your sky package if its an older type one, call us call us contact us you cant change online contact us.

Associate
I cancelled mine via the on-site chat window thing. Took a bit of repetition to insist I wanted to cancel. They did offer similar sorts of deals to what is above, but even then, too much. They didn't offer any better deals during the 30day wait, and its now gone. I now have youview via the TV builtin apps, and a nowTV box. All works fine, and I think my wife even prefers the setup.

Do I miss the sky ? Not really at all any more.

Soldato
what online chat method do you all use to contact them.

The sky site is a shocking site for just trying to change your sky package if its an older type one, call us call us contact us you cant change online contact us.
Use the app. Go to latest tv bill, then navigating bill, keep swiping right and then you get an option "I still need help" through to the message centre.

Associate
got a chat sky values team

they said £74pm

Sky Entertaiment
Ulitiamte on Demand (Keep SkyQ and multi room box)
Sky Fiber max

they took the HD channles off.

is that a good deal?

Soldato
What annoyed me with Sky when my current deal ended, I practically begged them to keep me as a customer, but the best they'd offer was a good £30 more than I was currently paying, so I cancelled. They said during the notice period if they could come up with anything better they'd let me know. They weren't able to get near what i was paying before so i left and went to Virgin. I said all along I was prepared to cancel.

A few weeks after joining Virgin and returning all of my Q equipment they are throwing offers at me equally as good as the F+F deal I was on. But as I'm in a contract with Virgin I won't be able to do anything until next year.

If they are able to at least equal what customers were getting previously, why do they play Russian roulette with peoples loyalty? I would have signed for another 18 months if they didn't play hard ball. Perhaps it was just bad timing and better offers weren't available at the time, I don't know.

Soldato
got a chat sky values team

they said £74pm

Sky Entertaiment
Ulitiamte on Demand (Keep SkyQ and multi room box)
Sky Fiber max

they took the HD channles off.

is that a good deal?

Being honest I think thats a poor deal, this HD thing is an absolute joke, in this day and age HD should be a given and cost nothing and UHD should be a small charge. I really am rapidly going off the thought of going back to sky. Some more competition in the tv market is Required.

Back
Top Bottom