Are Teng Tools any good?

Caporegime
The handful of Teng bits I’ve got have lasted well. Not that I’m a heavy user by any means, but they seem quality enough for me compared to my Halfords Advanced and Professional kit.

Soldato
you can pick up teng stuff for decent prices on ebay. I buy quite a lot of tools of carboots these days and often pick up teng tools items for £1 an item or less which I don't mind having as spares for this price. last weeks bargins was a set of facom spanners for £7 :D i think buying single items arnt worth the price, but the socket set / spanner combos like halfords can be had at good prices, I paid £12 or something for a 17mm HEX in teng tools for my drive shaft nut, you can buy something like a us pro for £5 or less which would have been just as strong been 17mm

Soldato
When I was a heavy plant fitter Teng had only just come out, all the guys had Snap-On and me being the apprentice didn't have Snap-On money so got a socket set, still going strong some 28 years later (not been a fitter for 25 of those years though) and use them on cars and around the house for little things.

Soldato
Teng are mostly great but they are very expensive imo.

My favourite thing about them is each small set comes in a little box, and the lids are removable, and the boxes lock together so they are super neat in the toolbox.

Most of it seems really nice (my dad has a few of the sets) but they really are expensive.

The matte finish on the ratchets, screwdrivers, spanners etc is nice as they're grippier in greasy/oily hands than chrome.

The ratchet spanners though are identical to the cheap crap ones and they're about £60 a set - they're identical to the £10 set I retired for being absolute rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom