Any monitors worthwhile yet?

Soldato
27" is in my opinion too small to fully appreciate 4k uhd , yes they look nice and better than lower res screens for content but 4k content on 32" monitors to my eyes looks much better. its a suck it and see thing. (almost litrally)
27” is too small as I don’t want it 30cm or less from my eyes. 32” is THE perfect size for 4K on a desktop. 43” is too big and reduces the ppi too much.

I was on about the size of the screen and viewing distance, I haven’t looked at 4K on less than 40” and that was a tv not a monitor, so to me that’s irrelevant, some 27” do look small because they are so thin they look like 24”, but then some 32” can look smaller than they suggest too, it’s the style of the screen that matters more.

Soldato
27” is too small as I don’t want it 30cm or less from my eyes. 32” is THE perfect size for 4K on a desktop. 43” is too big and reduces the ppi too much.

It entirely depends on the depth of the desk in question... at suitable viewing distance, you would not notice the difference between 32" and 43". Based on a visual acuity distance calculation (assuming 20/20 vision), a 43" screen approx 25cm further back from a 32" would look identical in respect to sharpness.

I would agree in MOST cases though, 32" is going to be optimal for most people. Ideally you shouldn't have 32" closer than 60cm anyway though, or with 20/20 vision pixels will start to become visible much below that. Obviously not everyone has perfect visual acuity though, and some people have better than perfect, so it won't be the same for all.

Caporegime
Yep hence I said 32” is the ideal desktop 4K size. 43” becomes too big if you have to have it three to four foot back from you on a desk.

Associate
I wanted a 1440p 144hz monitor with a G-Sync module as I don't plan to go AMD but there has been absolutely nothing since the Asus PG279Q. I hope they don't plan on not making monitors with the module as variable overdrive and 1-144hz VRR range is a game changer for me.

Associate
Unfortunately Phillips have the same shocking attitude towards PWM as Samsung, so that 31.5" is likely a dead duck already.
booo! Maybe it will slap the other manufacturers to do something. Waiting for my next monitor to be invented is taking longer than expected.

Back
Top Bottom