World of Warcraft: Classic

Soldato
Half the fun was the "running/traveling" in grp to dungeons especially cross continent =D

Agreed, that gives a sense of scale. I suspect it will attract a certain type of player, like it did in the early days. I can see room for the modern WoW and the more traditional, slower paced WoW.

Soldato
Nice thing is all the epeen racers will be burnt out in a few weeks and have moved on. The point of Classic is to enjoy the journey not to just be first at everything, especially as it's all been done before.

I'm talking my time and helping others out along the way. Quite enjoying it so far. Might do a bit of fishing today :cool:
They have been playing on private servers for the last 4 years, how will they be burnt out after a few weeks and move on? The point of classic is to just do what you like, YOUR version might be to "enjoy" the Journey, but that obviously isn't the case for everyone else.

Soldato
They have been playing on private servers for the last 4 years, how will they be burnt out after a few weeks and move on? The point of classic is to just do what you like, YOUR version might be to "enjoy" the Journey, but that obviously isn't the case for everyone else.

The point being that the elitists are the ones need judging play style. The hardcore private server people aren't necessarily the paidsame ones by media companies to try for "world firsts"... At that rate there won't be any content left to hold them, one week in and already cleared everything.

Associate
Yeah, that used to be a thing. You could run dungeons as 10 man "raid", as most found it too difficult as 5. Only downside was you couldn't complete quests, but you still got XP/Loot...at some point they stopped it and forced 5 man only, I thought WoW classic would have enforced that.

These people are using it to cheese leveling, its the retail way of playing wow. Each to their own i guess.

Soldato
I’ve been in and out of WoW for years (mostly out since mid-wotlk) and hadn’t really been that interested in Classic. A couple of days ago I had one of my infrequent chances to play on my computer and it was a choice between my level 105 (or is it 115? I’m so uninterested in the current game that I can’t even remember the level cap) warlock that I boosted when I bought the latest xpac, or taking a look at Classic.

I’d thought before trying Classic that the QoL improvements in the latest versions were indispensable and that I’d simply moved on from WoW. My time is limited because of family and surely I needed a hit of instant pleasure in the short time I have available. Or so I thought.

In fact, what an absolute pleasure it has been to play the original game I fell in love with again. The people have been genuinely great, I’m in a guild that suits me perfectly and everything once again feels new. The game is hard, but in a good way. An item with +1 stat is a real find. A 6 slot bag a huge victory. Nothing comes on a plate yet everything is achievable.

I find my thoughts jumping ahead to MC. Not even Ragnaros, but Gehennas and Magmadar. Then all the content after that. Maybe I’ll never see it, but I know and I remember. I can feel what it was like again without coming close to it.

And best of all, while I’ll never be able to devote the time like I used to, now I’ll be able to enjoy the journey again. The original really is magic and while I loved TBC just as much, everything after was rapidly downhill in my eyes. Classic is the best thing to happen to the game since Vanilla and I hope it retains its early popularity.

Soldato
May as well give up playing then, 5 days and the hardest content is blitzed
What did you expect, those players have spent 15 years perfecting their strategy, of course it was going to be super quick, especially when the game was using the 1.12 build not the original launch build.

Yeah, that used to be a thing. You could run dungeons as 10 man "raid", as most found it too difficult as 5. Only downside was you couldn't complete quests, but you still got XP/Loot...at some point they stopped it and forced 5 man only, I thought WoW classic would have enforced that.
WoW Classic is using the build that enforced it, however it was only ever forced for L60 dungeons (with the exception of BRS as that was deemed still too hard with 5man).

Last edited:
Soldato
I am confused. Who is on what server and what faction and what guilds have people on here made up.

I am currently in the High Revenue Earners Alliance guild on Nogg. I miss horde. I want to be horde again and recreate my original character.

So who is doing what, whos in charge and on what server?

Associate
You need to vendor all your trash.
AH all your greens.
Level up professions and sell stuff on AH.
Sell excess cloth that your not using for bandages or crafting.
Go do a low level zone. The mobs will be green or maybe even grey. You will power through them and make a nice amount of cash.
Also not dyeing allot helps.

Ske

Ske

Associate
Well, that escalated quickly! Last time I posted it was like, 70 pages? :D

Rolled on Shazz at launch. Level 11 Rogue. The queue tilted me so rolled on Razorgore, level 8 Mage. The queue on Razorgore tilted me so now I'm Horde on Dreadmist. Level 25 Mage! Anyone else Horde on Dreadmist?

Permabanned
Well, that escalated quickly! Last time I posted it was like, 70 pages? :D

Rolled on Shazz at launch. Level 11 Rogue. The queue tilted me so rolled on Razorgore, level 8 Mage. The queue on Razorgore tilted me so now I'm Horde on Dreadmist. Level 25 Mage! Anyone else Horde on Dreadmist?

Yeah, been playing on Firemaw but the queues are crap unless you plan your play time! At the weekends I cant really do that so rolled an undead priest on dreadmist, only level 12 so far though, I dont play that much. :)

Back
Top Bottom