What watch do you wear?

Associate
Not much you can do about that I'm afraid other than check that you are using your keyboard in a good position. Your wrists should not be laying flat on the desk.

I recommend using one of the following:

Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 https://www.microsoft.com/accessori...rds/natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000/b2m-00012

Microsoft Sculpt https://www.microsoft.com/accessori...lpt-ergonomic-keyboard-for-business/5kv-00001

Other than being about 10x more comfortable than normal keyboards they will raise your wrists in to good typing positions and your watch shouldn't scrape as much.
I've tried those before but could never get used to the angle. Plus they're not mechanical :D

Have you seen the abominations that are vertical keyboards?

Soldato
Has anybody had to do a repair on a watch winder at all? I noticed yesterday that one of my watches was running a couple of hours behind the other ( now the other way around). It looks like the watch winder isn't engaging the motor properly, however if I press the winder switch on a but harder the motor engages again. I think when I moved the winder a week ago it got knocked and the power switch has moved away from the connection so doesn't engage properly. I've got the modalo carbon fibre two watch, winder.

Soldato
Caporegime
https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/mens-...ilterMovement=Automatic&orderby=publishedDate

Mainstream choice is watchfinder but others have said previously in this topic that they can be a bit more expensive than other places.

Thanks!

Any particular reason you want a Tag? Also, what is your budget?

I like the aesthetics!

Particularly like the F1 calibre 6 auto and also the Aquaracer but these seem to be quartz.

Upto £900 ish lower is better!

Don
I've lost the plot. wife was looking in a shop window a couple of weeks ago at a Chanel J12

Nice looking watch but utterly ridiculous price for a quartz, against my better judgement I bought it for her :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Thanks!

I like the aesthetics!

Particularly like the F1 calibre 6 auto and also the Aquaracer but these seem to be quartz.

Upto £900 ish lower is better!

Hmm, well anything that says auto is generally not a quartz, because it's usually short for automatic. However, if it is £900 then it may well be a quartz as Tag don't do autos at that price range. Don't buy a quartz, you will regret it because there is something special about owning an automatic and knowing that there is a mechanically beating heart inside your watch.

If you are buying one first "proper" watch I highly recommend a diver-style watch with at least 100m water resistence and a reliable automatic movement. If you are looking at Tag you clearly want a brand with some presence, so I would also consider:

Longines Hydroconquest https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/colle...ngines-watch-hydroconquest-mens-l3-741-4-56-6

Also don't be afraid to buy used in good consition, because there are lots of cut-price watches out there where the depreciation hit is already shouldered by someone else and you will get scuffs on your new watch quickly anyway https://www.chrono24.co.uk

Unless yo uhave a very good reason not to you should laso be using a store with 0% interest free credit because spreading a payment with no penalty over a long a period as possible is always the smart thing to do and will also allow you to raise your budget a little if needed.

I've lost the plot. wife was looking in a shop window a couple of weeks ago at a Chanel J12

Nice looking watch but utterly ridiculous price for a quartz, against my better judgement I bought it for her :rolleyes:
Well, as you know, you only have yourself to blame because there is no logical reason anyone who knows about watches would do that unless the wife was so fixated upon it that she could literally not be persuaded otherwise (which I would like to think is unlikely once you explain to her why). If I were you I'd return it and buy her something actually worth the investment.

For that money you could have got a Rolex Oyster Perpetual or many other highly respected womens watches.

Caporegime
Hmm, well anything that says auto is generally not a quartz, because it's usually short for automatic. However, if it is £900 then it may well be a quartz as Tag don't do autos at that price range. Don't buy a quartz, you will regret it because there is something special about owning an automatic and knowing that there is a mechanically beating heart inside your watch.

If you are buying one first "proper" watch I highly recommend a diver-style watch with at least 100m water resistence and a reliable automatic movement. If you are looking at Tag you clearly want a brand with some presence, so I would also consider:

Longines Hydroconquest https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/colle...ngines-watch-hydroconquest-mens-l3-741-4-56-6

Also don't be afraid to buy used in good consition, because there are lots of cut-price watches out there where the depreciation hit is already shouldered by someone else and you will get scuffs on your new watch quickly anyway https://www.chrono24.co.uk

Unless yo uhave a very good reason not to you should laso be using a store with 0% interest free credit because spreading a payment with no penalty over a long a period as possible is always the smart thing to do and will also allow you to raise your budget a little if needed.

Well, as you know, you only have yourself to blame because there is no logical reason anyone who knows about watches would do that unless the wife was so fixated upon it that she could literally not be persuaded otherwise (which I would like to think is unlikely once you explain to her why). If I were you I'd return it and buy her something actually worth the investment.

For that money you could have got a Rolex Oyster Perpetual or many other highly respected womens watches.

Yep agreed 100%. Sorry I meant to say all the aquaracer were quartz and not auto.

I have been looking second hand not afraid to get a used watch if I like the look and the price is right for me so that's not an issue.

Chrono24 seems good I've found a watch already on there an F1 and in going to phone the seller, and see if I can make an offer. It's up at around 900 so will see if I can get ot closer to 800.

Soldato
watches irritate anyhow.
Great contribution. A+!

I'm going to be putting up my OrientStar GMT for sale soon. Need to get my own pics but check out these of it: http://forum.watch.ru/showthread.php?t=255501 it's a really bloody good watch and a huge step up from the regular Orient stuff. The feel of it in hand was a huge surprise for me. I didn't expect it to feel as nice as it did.

I'm trying to post on TZ forums, and have had an account since 2013 but only have 80 posts ffs lol need 250 to post in Sales. Gah. I'll have to find my watchuseek username as well dammit.

Caporegime
She already has one :p

TBH she has like them for years and even had a few fakes
Well, in that case you made your choice and went into it with your eyes open despite apparently having clear reservations, so no use moaning about it unless you were looking for sympathy for blowing a whopping £5k (or so) on a quartz watch. Objectively speaking, there is more money than sense at work there. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, in that case you made your choice and went into it with your eyes open despite apparently having clear reservations, so no use moaning about it unless you were looking for sympathy for blowing a whopping £5k (or so) on a quartz watch. Objectively speaking, there is more money than sense at work there. :p

My mum bought this: https://www.chrono24.fr/rolex/cellini-18k-weissgold-diamonds-perlmutt-damenuhr--id11820731.htm not this exact one, but that's what she has. I think it was best part of 5k as well... I was like, but mum... QUARTZ ROLEX?! She was like, I like it... and at least it'll keep better time than my other watches lol Can't argue, but I'd have not bought a quartz for 5k!

Caporegime
My mum bought this: https://www.chrono24.fr/rolex/cellini-18k-weissgold-diamonds-perlmutt-damenuhr--id11820731.htm not this exact one, but that's what she has. I think it was best part of 5k as well... I was like, but mum... QUARTZ ROLEX?! She was like, I like it... and at least it'll keep better time than my other watches lol Can't argue, but I'd have not bought a quartz for 5k!
Well value is relative and if she doesn't really know any better or have any passion for watches then that's fine... but people who do know certainly shouldn't be making a conscious choice to pay for that stuff. I certainly wouldn't buy anyone one out of principle (even if they really wanted it) and would be explaining why and suggesting alternatives. Otherwise, I would suggest they use their own savings to buy it if they really wanted it!

Don

I just wanted to get to the pub :p

Soldato
i'm 40 and haven't worn a watch in many years. probably since i was a teen.

i just use my phone.

watches irritate anyhow.

Wow, something is irritating me about this post, i can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's the fact that he's apparently 40 years old, yet posts something you'd expect from a 12 year old. Is it to get a reaction? I know if i wanted to get a reaction, i'd post something like this in an enthusiast thread. Like me going into an Apple fan thread and saying i prefer Android! However, i'm 42 years old, and doing things like that is beneath me. I'm old enough to realize that not everything is for everyone.

Caporegime
Wow, something is irritating me about this post, i can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's the fact that he's apparently 40 years old, yet posts something you'd expect from a 12 year old. Is it to get a reaction? I know if i wanted to get a reaction, i'd post something like this in an enthusiast thread. Like me going into an Apple fan thread and saying i prefer Android! However, i'm 42 years old, and doing things like that is beneath me. I'm old enough to realize that not everything is for everyone.

Wait till you see his views on the NHS :D

Back
Top Bottom