• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

OcUK Staff
yep, confirm I saw 10+ available at 529.99 this morning.
Should we make another thread "Gibbo ETA on 3900x price dropping to MSRP"? ;)

Supply and demand!
Also AMD set the suggested sell pricing with a 1.27 rate, as such the suggested sell price is pretty much impossible with a rate of 1.20, once stock is plentiful we aim to get pricing back down, but right now stock is very thin on the ground and hard to source.

Associate
Supply and demand!
Also AMD set the suggested sell pricing with a 1.27 rate, as such the suggested sell price is pretty much impossible with a rate of 1.20, once stock is plentiful we aim to get pricing back down, but right now stock is very thin on the ground and hard to source.

Yeh. A competitor has it listed at £572.39. pre-ordered mine yesterday at £530, so your pricing still isnt that bad to be honest.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Yeh. A competitor has it listed at £572.39. pre-ordered mine yesterday at £530, so your pricing still isnt that bad to be honest.

Goes to show there is a market even at a marked up price 10+ stock into day on the site at the moment it’s down to 1 in stock

Associate
Youi do realise that OcUK are selling it for £560 today? ;) {so glad I got mine at £474)

I've seen otherwise reputable resellers attempting to wrestle £653 (discounted from £695 doncha know) out of punters for a 6300x. They are not shifting at that price afaik, but it only needs one person with deeper pockets than the rest.

overclockers launched the price at £530 this afternoon. Seemed that when stock dipped below 10 (perhaps people releasing them from shopping carts took it back above 10?) the price jumped £30.

only one left now in any case.

Looking forward to some haribo tomorrow ;)

Soldato
I've seen otherwise reputable resellers attempting to wrestle £653 (discounted from £695 doncha know) out of punters for a 6300x. They are not shifting at that price afaik, but it only needs one person with deeper pockets than the rest.

overclockers launched the price at £530 this afternoon. Seemed that when stock dipped below 10 (perhaps people releasing them from shopping carts took it back above 10?) the price jumped £30.

only one left now in any case.

Looking forward to some haribo tomorrow ;)
Yeah I've also seen that ridiculous £654, which makes OcUK seem positively charitable.

Enjoy your new arrival! :) It's a great chip especially for multithreaded workloads.

Associate
£560 is scandalous. Forget supply and demand, it’s just plain gouging. I really thought Overclockers would be fairer than this.

I am glad somone else said that. I am now looking to buy it else where because of this reguardles if they get them in stock and lower the price. It's just bad practice if you ask me and have lost me buying this chip here because of there greed, but that's just me.

Soldato
£559.99 ......wait!?!?! How much!?!? Its the all over 9900K again....sorry but greed doesn't win customers.

its not down to greed, amd simply havent made enough chips to go around, the ones that are still in the wild are going for stupid prices, you can pick them up at retail price £479 but you'll be wating a pretty long time for delivery, if you need one now unfortunatly it will cost you.

i'll have my 3900x for sale soon after the 3950x is avalible, and i'd only charge what i paid from ocuk on relase date if anyones intrested nearer the time, it's a solid 4.35ghz at 1.28volts, havent needed to push further XD

Associate
I'm going to buy a 3900x, but I'll wait a few months until supply is better and prices drop. Added benefit of more mature bios on motherboards.

Back
Top Bottom