• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

State of RT today. Is it usuable?

Man of Honour
Can they please RTX old games like Thief, System Shock, Deus Ex, Half Life 1, FEAR, ..

I'd definitely like to play Thief, Deus Ex and Half-life 1 remade with ray/path tracing though would also need a complete graphics overhaul really with higher resolution textures, models and levels remade with higher detail, etc.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'd definitely like to play Thief, Deus Ex and Half-life 1 remade with ray/path tracing though would also need a complete graphics overhaul really with higher resolution textures, models and levels remade with higher detail, etc.
Hell yeah. I would love to play Deus Ex with it!

Soldato
The first real RTX title, this is what a PC settings menu should look like. 4A take note!

First reports of the performance are looking excellent!

Got a video coming out before release of some 4K, Ray Tracing goodness. Probably the first big triple-A game that I have played front to back with ray tracing and performance has been stellar.
---

A beefy one no doubt.
9900, 2080TI, 32gb Ram etc.

However with this same machine I have only ever run ray tracing and 4K as a tech test, because the hit to playability and frames just don’t make it viable to turn on and forget about it.

This is the first time I’ve been able to turn it all up and just enjoy the experience.
----

Really? Are we talking 30fps here?
No god if it was 30 I’d turn all that off.
60 plus.

Last edited:
Soldato
So Control is using Ray Tracing on shadows, reflections and global illumination and it can do 4K Ultra 60fps in a single 2080ti.

That’s brilliant! Finally it looks like developers are learning to optimise and work with rayvtracing.

Soldato
The first real RTX title, this is what a PC settings menu should look like. 4A take note!

First reports of the performance are looking excellent!

Interesting to notice Control has DLSS.

So with DLSS and Ray Tracing shadows, reflections and global illumination, it can do 4K Ultra 90fps and possible it can do 8K 30fps in a single 2080Ti.

If Call of Duty Modern Warfare released in October 2019 can do 4K Ultra 60 fps with Ray Tracing then it seem Nvidia had finally solved 4K 60 fps ray tracing performance issue a year after launch and 2080Ti owners can finally enjoy ray tracing at 4K 60 fps or 8K 30 fps with DLSS on upcoming games DOOM Eternal, Watch Dogs: Legion, Cyberpunk 2077 and others ray tracing titles without have to wait for Nvidia 7nm GPU in 2020.

Associate
Soldato
Ray tracing games list updated 1 September 2019 added DOOM RTX and DOOM 2 RTX support thanked to Modder ‘doom_rtx’ who created the first ray tracing mod for classic DOOM and DOOM 2 used Vulkan API added ray tracing global lighting effects, realistic reflections, refraction, shadows, ambient occlusion and global illumination.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/doom...-to-the-classic-doom-game-via-the-vulkan-api/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ray-tracing/downloads/doom-rtx-11

Atomic Heart
Battlefield 5
Bright Memory
Cyberpunk 2077
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Control
DOOM RTX
DOOM 2 RTX
DOOM Eternal
Dying Light 2
Enlisted
Justice
JX3
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
Metro Exodus
Minecraft
Project DH
Quake II RTX
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Stay in the Light
Sword and Fairy 7
SYNCED: Off-Planet
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
Watch Dogs Legion
Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Cant wait for someone to do RTX mod for Wolfenstein 3D, Quake, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, DOOM 3 and Unreal. :D

Back
Top Bottom