World of Warcraft: Classic

Caporegime
We're on Flamelash Alliance. Started the guild last night, my lil' warrior is level 15 but like many I'm just chilling and enjoying the game rather than rushing through it all. It's fantastic, stuff actually matters and the community spirit is back. I'm constantly opening random trade windows with people to give them any scrolls I have, or sharpening stones / weight stones and I'm often getting stuff in return too, last night I did this and gave a rogue some sharpening stones for his daggers and he gave me some armour kits in return, it's genuinely good. I think I've spoken to people more in a day on this than in the last three years on retail. People are helping, asking for help, randomly jumping in fights even though I've tagged the mobs, I'm getting healed by passers by, it's genuinely fantastic. Love it, absolutely love it.

Soldato
I've got a 14 horde mage on firemaw and a 12 alliance hunter on flamelash. Never played alliance before, always horde. Not sure which I will get to 60 yet, undecided :eek:

Caporegime
I've got a 14 horde mage on firemaw and a 12 alliance hunter on flamelash. Never played alliance before, always horde. Not sure which I will get to 60 yet, undecided :eek:

Well if you decide to go Alliance and need a place to call home, let me know :)

@bakes0310 is also joining us when we're online together.

(I've also made it possible for anyone in the guild to invite, at least until we have a steady stream of people online rather than waiting for an officer to invite new folks, just don't tell the randoms :eek:)

Soldato
Finally got to level 18 (with over a day /played!) and have 1 more quest to collect for Deadmines. Should be able to run it on Tuesday. Whoop!

I underestimated how difficult (or long) Warrior levelling is though. I truly can't solo any quests of my level or above but I run out of quests 2 levels below mine everywhere (Westfall And Loch Modan). Grouping up helps but it's tricky outside of that. Going to stick with it though.

Soldato
Finally got to level 18 (with over a day /played!) and have 1 more quest to collect for Deadmines. Should be able to run it on Tuesday. Whoop!

I underestimated how difficult (or long) Warrior levelling is though. I truly can't solo any quests of my level or above but I run out of quests 2 levels below mine everywhere (Westfall And Loch Modan). Grouping up helps but it's tricky outside of that. Going to stick with it though.

I was/am the same, but I think that is the classic way. A lot more mob grinding is required between levels to help you along the way (which is a much more efficient way than walking backwards and forwards between zones trying to do the odd quest here and there). I found the gnolls in camps south east of sentinel hill were a good source of exp (and linen cloth) with enough roaming so you don't have to pull 3/4 around a camp fire.

Associate

Warrior always was slow. They have no escape and no heals. People forget that. Leave you questing on your own and then wonder why there is no one to tank deadmines. (which also means you have to have extra weapon sets). My server was like this at the weekend, 5-6 groups spamming for tanks and groups of 3-4 warriors slowly questing together.

I try to stay ahead of the zone i am "in" by doing a lower level zone for basicaly free xp. Or just find something you can kill and grind it for a level.
Dont forget that at the begining of the game you have 3 to choose from. You can have a nice run and get on the boat to the elven areas.

Soldato
Warrior always was slow. They have no escape and no heals.

My memory of levelling a warrior (through Vanilla) was that it was pretty fast to level. Fair enough no heals (use potions) and no escape beyond hamstring and run, but if you're in a suitable area, you can Charge from mob to mob which saves loads of time running. If you're travelling through a low level zone, you can Charge a grey mob and run through it to gain a few yards. It's like having blink on a 15 sec cooldown but you don't have to worry about using it for escape.

Man of Honour
Lol, I still have a few screenshots from when I was in beta, actually I still have my acceptance email from Blizzard...dated 27th August 2004 :D

>
>The Stress Test Beta for World of Warcraft will open soon so follow these
>steps to prepare:
>
>Step 1: Download and install the World of Warcraft Stress Test Beta in
>preparation for the launch announcement.
>
>Step 2: Once the Stress Test Beta launches, you'll need to create an
>account on Blizzard's account creation page. The URL will be provided with
>the announcement and in a follow-up email when the Stress Test Beta begins.
>
>Step 3: Run World of Warcraft and login using your account information to
>start playing the Stress Test Beta.
>
>Your account key is: TG9RWD-EJCY-RNEDPX-VEXD-ZR2H6K
>
>Enjoy your time in the Warcraft universe!
>
>Thank you for participating.
>
>If you cannot see or are having trouble with your key and need customer
>support please contact our Support Team - http://support.igngamespy.com/
>
>If you need customer support with World of Warcraft specifically, please
>visit the World of Warcraft Support Page -
>http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/support/

Soldato
I am confused. Who is on what server and what faction and what guilds have people on here made up.

I am currently in the High Revenue Earners Alliance guild on Nogg. I miss horde. I want to be horde again and recreate my original character.

So who is doing what, whos in charge and on what server?

We're on Firemaw Horde. Our guild has about 200 members now, so quite active with a number of OCUK members. If you're interested give us a shout on discord https://discord.gg/s2uArDN

Associate
Damn this threads grown quickly!!

I came offshore 4 days before release :( But looking at the chaos that has been the release I'm almost glad now lol. As an original vanilla WoW player I can't wait to get back into this. But I'll just need to wait until the 10th Sep when I return. I'll continue to see how we all settle server wise :D

Enjoy all.

Man of Honour
That's dead geeky :D

I like it though because at the time my mate was letting me use his account to play the beta, the same time as Painkiller was the FPS game (all 17 players).

Lol, I never delete an email and I've had that account for over 20 years, so my emails go a long long way back :D

Back
Top Bottom