How many Raspberry Pis do you have and what are they used for?

Commissario
OP
gives you the flexibility of being able to add additional files located in LOCALSOURCEDIR2 and 3 to the sync.
That was my logic. I did rebuild my second one to Buster yesterday evening anyway, even though it was all working before. It didn't take long and it was nice to let the sync sort itself out and the lists to all get copied over automatically. I've changed the cron job to run gravity each night rather than just once a week so my blocklists were all synchronised when I got up this morning.

Associate
There are so many posts about pi-hole. I was looking into that, but didn't fancy yet another plug on my 16 gang extension. My router supports entware, and I found AB-Solution (now called Diversion) which does the same thing. It updates itself, and I've not had to mess about with it since.

Soldato
Some of you are really into these! I just use mine as a plex client on a non smart tv as it can be powered by the TVs own usb which is great.
Also have another sd card with retropi on it but doesnt see as much use.

Soldato
I have a Zero for PiHole that dangles off the back of my router, gets power and LAN with no need for a power supply taking up space.

I have a Pi 3 Model B that I used for RetroPie/Kodi but it's currently sitting unused.

Associate
I have 3 Pi's.

1 Pi Zero W that just connects to the usb port on my router and gives me VPN access and PiHole functionality.
2 Pi 4 4GBs, one that has 2 4TB HDD's connected and acts as a network store/backup, and one that is at my parents with a 6TB HDD that acts as my offsite backup (and also PiHole for my parents)

Associate
You have offsite backup?! do you also have UPS at home?

I'm still backing up on different pc's around the house. Maybe I need to rethink :)

Yep, just a simple robocopy script that backs up the most important files, just in case. You could get away with a raspberry pi 3 for it, or a Pi 4 1GB. A very cheap reliable solution really. I do have a UPS yes, just in case. It's setup to shutdown all attached devices if the power goes out.

Back
Top Bottom