• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

9900KS...

Soldato
meh at this point they may as well cancel it. 10th gen parts are like 4 months away and even if you are happy with only 8 cores, a 10th gen 8 core would likely be cheaper than a 9900k or 9900ks because it will no longer be top of the the line, with the 10 core taking that spot

TrM

TrM

Associate
meh at this point they may as well cancel it. 10th gen parts are like 4 months away and even if you are happy with only 8 cores, a 10th gen 8 core would likely be cheaper than a 9900k or 9900ks because it will no longer be top of the the line, with the 10 core taking that spot

It’s all still rumours though intel haven’t officially given any details on the 10th generation yet. Nothing on price or line up. We’ve seen on this forum people get so hyped for a new cpu launch and amd though leaks the 16 core was supper to be 5ghz and same price as 8 core cpu.

But there has been no updates since they announced it really the 9900ks but I think intel are rethinking there strategy at the moment and I think the 9900ks will enter the market in really small numbers or intel will just concentrate on the 10th gen now. I honestly think ryzen has gotten close to intel in nearly every way now and I think intel never expected this and having to change tactics ipc and clock speeds was intel major strengths now most of that is gone.

I’m very interested if Intel do bring out the 9900ks be interesting to see if loose the igpu will give the chips much more headroom but I doubt we will see it

Soldato
I’m very interested if Intel do bring out the 9900ks be interesting to see if loose the igpu will give the chips much more headroom but I doubt we will see it
Technically that would be a 9900KSF ;) Or 9900KFS

Depends if it's a Super 9900K with the iGPU removed, or an iGPU-less 9900K made Super :p

TrM

TrM

Associate
Technically that would be a 9900KSF ;) Or 9900KFS

Depends if it's a Super 9900K with the iGPU removed, or an iGPU-less 9900K made Super :p

It’s only a matter of time for super to be used in cpu’s. Come buy the new 9900k super built on a new refinement of our award winning and super powerful 14nm+ Process and pair it with a 2080ti super for class leading gaming performance buy today at £599.99 and dominate the game :)

Soldato
It’s only a matter of time for super to be used in cpu’s. Come buy the new 9900k super built on a new refinement of our award winning and super powerful 14nm+ Process and pair it with a 2080ti super for class leading gaming performance buy today at £599.99 and dominate the game :)

You mean pair the 9900KK with a Intel XE Ultra Super graphics card and let us try to take away AMDs market share while we try to keep our CPU arm relevant.

TrM

TrM

Associate
You mean pair the 9900KK with a Intel XE Ultra Super graphics card and let us try to take away AMDs market share while we try to keep our CPU arm relevant.

Hehe I forgot intel are going in to graphic card market :)

Soldato
Hehe I forgot intel are going in to graphic card market :)

They actually look interesting, and Nvidia have pushed prices so high and held back performance it’s now never been easier to enter the market. So much so we now have a Chinese company targeting the 2060 performance level at a lower cost and lower power.

Soldato
They actually look interesting, and Nvidia have pushed prices so high and held back performance it’s now never been easier to enter the market. So much so we now have a Chinese company targeting the 2060 performance level at a lower cost and lower power.
Tom from Moore's Law Is Dead has often given the example of some bright spark MIT graduate type coming up with a GPU design that targets the low-mid end market and smashing it on an old 28nm process. Yes it'll draw 300W but who would even care if it cost like $200?

Back
Top Bottom