• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rtx 2070 Super stuttering in games

Associate
Hey all thought I would let you guys know what was happening to my RTX 2070 super over the weekend.

I built a brand new Intel based system 2 months ago & updated my 980ti to a Evga Rtx 2070 last month.

Everything has been working fine up until last Saturday morning, I was playing World of Warcraft BFA & was getting major framerate issues making the game unplayable.

I had not done any Windows 10 or Nvidia driver updates at all, played World of Warcraft last Friday night and it was running perfectly.

So the process of figuring out what’s causing the issue started on Saturday morning changing drivers etc & searching the net for clues.

All of the so called fixes did not work & I even downloaded the wow client (all 50 odd gb) just to make sure that was not causing the issue.

Last night it was really getting to me, looked on the net again & spotted a thread from somebody stating that Gsync (I don't have a gsync monitor) was broken using the latest Corsair Icue software 3.19.120

You guessed it I am using that version of the software, uninstalled it framerates are back to normal etc.

Thought I would let you guys know in case anyone else is having the same issues.

Cheers all

Soldato
Last night it was really getting to me, looked on the net again & spotted a thread from somebody stating that Gsync (I don't have a gsync monitor) was broken using the latest Corsair Icue software 3.19.120

Cant say I've had any problems with using same icue software & RTX 2080, Nvidia pendulum G-Sync test still working as normal and in game frame rates are the same as ever.

Caporegime
Not had any problems here with the icue, just checked, and im on version 3.18.77.

I got a notification pop up today about a new version out, but ive not bothered to update it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Not had any problems here with the icue, just checked, and im on version 3.18.77.

I got a notification pop up today about a new version out, but ive not bothered to update it.

Wise move to leave it as it is, that is the version I am using now without any issues at all thankfully.

Corsair keyboard, mouse and all in one cooler being used in my pc, so I need the software to access the hardware, game specific button macros for the mouse especially.

Cheers all

Soldato
Not had any problems here with the icue, just checked, and I'm on version 3.18.77.

I'm on 3.18.77 as well and was just about to update until I read the Corsair forums. Glad I didn't.

I remember this happened last year too. WTF Corsair?

Caporegime
Wise move to leave it as it is, that is the version I am using now without any issues at all thankfully.

Corsair keyboard, mouse and all in one cooler being used in my pc, so I need the software to access the hardware, game specific button macros for the mouse especially.

Cheers all

I'm on 3.18.77 as well and was just about to update until I read the Corsair forums. Glad I didn't.

I remember this happened last year too. WTF Corsair?

If it aint broke........ :p

Soldato
I normally just install. Program default to what I want lighting etc and then uninstall it again.

I have all set mouse dpi macros without the software installed.

Have had major problems with icue in the past causing severe slowdown and other such issues when logging in on the win 10 home screen rendering the system almost unusable.

Soldato
I normally just install. Program default to what I want lighting etc and then uninstall it again.

I have all set mouse dpi macros without the software installed.

Have had major problems with icue in the past causing severe slowdown and other such issues when logging in on the win 10 home screen rendering the system almost unusable.

That's a idea. I might try that. Cheers

Associate
This thread was very helpful to me as I was looking into getting LL120 fans a week ago. I did get them and installed 3.18 and avoided the issues that came with 3.19.

No problems here thanks to the warning. 3.20 is out so I will give it some time before using that one. :)

Back
Top Bottom