Hot Hatch Owners

Associate
Nice mate.
I've just ordered a Eonon Android 9 head unit for the MPS, on offer for £243 with obd2 reader and rear camera as free gift, original retail price for £300+.
Got the gearbox seal replaced now and changing gears feel slightly smoother now.

Soldato
I've had my car since August 2017 and enjoy it on the whole. It's a 2012 Renault Sport Megane 265 Cup and has covered about 42k miles. However, I'm about to start a new job which will involve 60 miles of commuting each day. I might look to change it for something more fuel efficient in the future, as I average about 30mpg in it.

lOTHrMo.jpg

Another Renaultsport Megane owner here. I've got a 2015 Renaultsport Megane 275 Nav (with Cup suspension pack + LSD). I've owned the car since Feb 2017 when it had ~5700 miles on it (recently ticked over 26000 miles). I left the car pretty much standard for 2 years apart from throwing a Ramair foam panel filter in it. The car had to have the gearbox and driveshaft replaced under warranty last year as a driveshaft failed and damaged the gearbox. Got that sorted under the 4 year Renault warranty and from what I've read it would have cost me upwards of £2000! The warranty runs out this coming September so hopefully I'll be trouble free for the rest of my ownership :eek:

Recently I've had the centre silencer removed from the exhaust and replaced with straight pipe. The car sounds a lot better for it, lots of rumbles and coughs/pops firing out of the back. No annoying exhaust drone either which is a massive bonus! I'm averaging ~27MPG in my car with my daily usage. Sitting on motorways at 70MPH ~35MPG is easily achievable so it's not too bad.

I've previously owned a tastefully modified Megane 225 and a Clio 172. I still miss them both for different reasons. Can see me keeping my 275 for another few years yet though, definitely the best of the 3 cars! As you can tell, I like my Renaultsports! :D

c1qWwKt.jpg

Really like the look of those. I owned 2 1998 Renault Megane 2.0l 16v Coupe, loved them both and always been a bit of a Renault Sport fan. Tend to stick to Ford "Hot" Hatches as of late having owned the following

Fiesta SI
Fiesta Zetec-S
Fiesta ST

I've been carless for almost 2 years now due to starting a family, moving house and the Mrs having a Maxda CX-5 company car BUT, the date has been set, I'll be car hunting as of April next year. I can't wait to get back in something fun again, more than likely a Focus ST.

Soldato
I recently sold my Megane 265 Cup and replaced it with a BMW 130i. I wouldn't describe the 130i as a hot hatch! It is a lot more comfortable on the commute and offers similar MPG.

Soldato
Nice mate.
I've just ordered a Eonon Android 9 head unit for the MPS, on offer for £243 with obd2 reader and rear camera as free gift, original retail price for £300+.
Got the gearbox seal replaced now and changing gears feel slightly smoother now.

Mine was a fair bit more but a bit more niche.

Soldato
I recently sold my Megane 265 Cup and replaced it with a BMW 130i. I wouldn't describe the 130i as a hot hatch! It is a lot more comfortable on the commute and offers similar MPG.
Does the 130 share a lot of parts with the 135/140? Th irony being that a 130 is quicker than some of these hot hatches. Just wiki'ed it and im surprised it's not turboed.

OcUK Staff
Does the 130 share a lot of parts with the 135/140? Th irony being that a 130 is quicker than some of these hot hatches. Just wiki'ed it and im surprised it's not turboed.

Later versions like M135i and M140i are turbo but in fairness the 130i with the air intake and exhaust BMW performance offer is such a great sounding car and so well balanced many people prefer the older slower NA car for the sound and because you can enjoy it’s performance a lot more as your not breaking speeds limits after 1-2s of acceleration.

Traction aside the modern M140i is a very quick car indeed and a simple remap makes them even faster.

Soldato
Nice mate.
Which model?
Also, MK1 or MK2?

Soldato
My 130i has a modified back box off a 135i. I bought the car principally for the noise and character of one of the last naturally aspirated straight 6s and it does sound good. However, I feel like it could do with more induction noise. Something a la M3 CSL would do! That noise is spine tingling!

Soldato
Nice mate.

22uQKDQ.jpg

Here is mine.

Soldato
Lol, at the time I'd dropped the screws into behind the front console so it was not sitting right. Got them back after tearing down the centre console.

Associate
Would love to get the steering wheel redone but I have no patience to wait and my car is used everyday.
Here is photo of the Eonon installed.
dsc_0332-jpg.131618

Soldato
Would love to get the steering wheel redone but I have no patience to wait and my car is used everyday.
Here is photo of the Eonon installed.
dsc_0332-jpg.131618
To cover up the Mazda badge:D. Would you go leather or alcantara? I think a lot of the guys that do steering wheels can lend you a spare while they do yours.

Soldato
Never spotted this thread! Here's my Megane 275 Trophy, had it nearly a month now.

cPbZKrX.jpg

Had a load of goodies fitted last weekend: Airtec Intercooler, decat downpipe, bilstein B14's with adjustable topmounts, BMC panel filter.
sdSsrTX.jpg

Decat sounds amazing with the titanium Akrapovic exhaust, not quite happy with how it sits as want to raise it up just a touch. Set front camber to 2.5deg which feels pretty decent.

1JQIGnT.jpg
dB7Lt8K.jpg

Off to EFI this weekend for mapping, cannot wait :)

Last edited:
Associate
To cover up the Mazda badge:D. Would you go leather or alcantara? I think a lot of the guys that do steering wheels can lend you a spare while they do yours.
I did have a look at royal wheels and they can do some part exchange deal or something which they will source out one themselves and do the trim for it and I send mine after or something and why would I cover the Mazda badge lol its a worthy brand with one of my dream cars produced by them. :D
Your images doesn't appear to be loading shaun.

Associate
I really like the Renault yellow, I was actually looking for megane 275 with the Recaro bucket seats before getting a 208 GTI and then when I sold that to get MPS I was also considering them then again but can't deal with wanting french again after my mixed emotions i've had in owning the 208 GTI.

Back
Top Bottom