Antec 1200v3 Unraid Server Cooling

Associate
Curious for some recommendations for new cooling on my current setup.

I've got the Antec 1200v3.
Front mounted 4x ICY dock vortex bays (MB074SP-1B), fully loaded 4TB disks.
Top Mounted 200mm Exhaust
2x Rear original case fans exhaust
h100iv2 AIO mounted on the back fans doing push pull, corsair fans pushing.
side fan slot empty.
Ryzen 2700 with a 1080ti SC black (not blower)

My issue is that my 1080ti idles at 57 and under load hits 85, throttles, causing games to stutter, after a long session it cripples the FPS.

So I'm after a few pointers.

1) I'm guessing I should invest in some new and better case fans, Noctua do some 100CFM 3K RPM fans, do I really need those or would something slower be viable?

2) Should I be running exhaust on everything bar the front fans, bearing in mind the backplates limit inflow? Side fan is directly next to GPU would I benefit from blowing air onto GPU, or would it hinder as the GPU doesnt exhaust and just blows more air round the case.

3) I run a 750W Corsair PSU, according to that form I should be using around 600W, being that my PSU is being worked would I benefit from a higher wattage PSU so it would run cooler?the

4) Should I just suck it up and de-VM my setup and have a gaming PC and a server and stop trying to be complicated!? :D

Associate
OP
Was a few things.

I had the side fan blowing air in, thinking it was going into gpu and then out the back, but it’s the other type which just blasts it out around the gpu inside, swapped the polarity and temps dropped.

Also gpu was set in max power mode so it never idles, went back to the default option and it idles with nothing running and drops temps

I also bought all Corsair fans to replace the white labels, those 2350 speed ones, it’s noise but everything in my case is now cold af. Got another 200mhz out of my Ryzen 2700x as a side bonus

Back
Top Bottom