Spec me a fast car 22k.

Soldato
Criteria:
DSG
Sporty
Around 280bhp+
Below 45kmiles
Ideally no older than 4 years old (warranty is a bonus)

4WD would be nice but not essential

Currently my favourite for what I like and want is a Golf R 7.5 any other suggestions I may be missing ?

OcUK Staff
Golf R or maybe the similar running gear Skoda Saloon, but if performance is the main criteria it is really hard to beat a Golf R and with a good map they are insanely fast.

I believe Scotti here who purchased my Golf R DSG Lapiz Blue 3DR might be selling soon, its running a custom map on ECU and TCU, runs high 11's at POD with launch control and around 12.2s without launch control at just sub 120mph, think he is looking at 17-18k for it. Downsides I think his just hit 50k miles and its a 64 plate so more than 4 years old.

Soldato
with Gibbo on this, honestly cant beat the Golf R for your list,

or if you want something non golf R look at the Seat Leon estate 4wd version pretty much a GolfR in a spanish frock

are you deffo wanting something golf sized or something a bit bigger a possibility? look at S4/5 audis your also getting into mustang sort of figures as well, if you want something a bit different,

Soldato
The only cars in the VW stable similar are really the S3 and the Leon Cupra (Think RS3 might be a bit over budget for the age/mileage?)

The Skoda Superb has a similar drive train available but it's not what you'd define as a sporty car, they're designed as a cruiser.

Alternatives from outside the stable (so forgoing your DSG requirement) i'd look at are the BMW M135/M140 and the Merc AMG A45

Soldato
Only problem with the golf R is they are dull looking, dull sounding and everyone has one.

AMG GLA is a great car as well as the M3 with some mods would be a decent choice

Soldato
OP
I think I prefer the shape of the golf to the 1 series beemer. It doesn't have to be a hatch either. S3 saloon version really appeals but more 25k. Will look at S4/5 and I thought the a45 was a lot more money will check then out.

Soldato
But the TT is just a less practical Golf really. It also lacks something by not being RWD, which is fun :p

Last edited:
Associate
Criteria:
DSG
Sporty
Around 280bhp+
Below 45kmiles
Ideally no older than 4 years old (warranty is a bonus)

4WD would be nice but not essential

Currently my favourite for what I like and want is a Golf R 7.5 any other suggestions I may be missing ?
Best bet Skoda or a Leon Cupra. Newer and lower mileage than the Golf R at the same price. I don't have nothing against the Golf, in fact owned one MK7 some time ago, but particularly like the Leon shape. Owned one too. Well, now I'm stuck for 3 years with the A Class, but at some point changed cars quite often. 3 in one year.
The TT S is nice, not sure about the prices now. A45, M135/140 too.
There's other interesting options too, as the Hyundai i30N, but I guess still expensive. Not as much output power, but a sweet car to drive fast.

Soldato
a quick Autotrader search
  • Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TSI R DSG 4MOTION 5dr
  • Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TSI BlueMotion Tech R DSG 4MOTION (s/s) 5dr
  • Audi TTS 2.0 TFSI S Tronic quattro (s/s) 3dr
  • Audi S3 2.0 TFSI S Tronic quattro 3dr
  • SEAT Leon 2.0 TSI Cupra 300 ST DSG 4Drive (s/s) 5dr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom