Rambo V: Last Blood

Permabanned
I find it very offputting when they use an old man instead of letting a legend die. I LOVE RAMBO!!! But i think i will hate this one. The fourth is actually a good film i was surprised maybe i will be again but i find he looks tired. Why risk a bad fifth film? He is a rich and famous legend why?

Because a new generation of Hollywood moneymen want thier money, Devoid of good IP and creativity they decode to play everything safe and reboot reboot reboot. The Matrix 4 can also go do one the odds are stacked in the favour of them ever living up to the older films.

Permabanned
Do you like any modern movies?

Well i sort of stopped around 2014, Waiting on an OLED setup to revisit 1960-2000 so i can not say i will hate Alita etc but i for sure hate remakes. I have two triggers one is SJW casting the other is reboots where they cast really old guys like Arnie or Stallone instead of finding new talent.

I can watch modern war films without fuss, I find this is the only era free from my triggers until Pitt does Fury 4 aged 70.

Permabanned
Are you under the impression that 'Last Blood' is a reboot, rather than the final chapter in the story of John Rambo? Pretty sure the title alone gives the game away there.

Nah i know that i just never thought about the wording. To be fair though look at the time elapses since the last film and you think that is a bit long to finnish a story no? It sort of is a reboot in a way they want Rambo back to make more money.

V F

V F

Soldato
That looks terrible.

My Rambo rankings:

First Blood - Brilliant
Part II - good
IV - alright
III - Awful

Hopefully it wont be as bad as III.

It does look terrible. I remember watching Rambo where there was a distinct look of Rambo then there was Stallone. This just looks like a badly Bruised up Expendables film.

Let alone what is up with his voice...

Soldato
I watched it yesterday. It was completely as expected. Brutal. I do think that a lot of the reviews are slating it because it's culturally insensitive but what were they expecting? It was touted as Rambo takes on a cartel gang, in this case sex traffickers, guess what happens? The gore and violence is high and it's not going to win any awards for its story.

One of my favourite lines was, "This old gringo is nothing" :D

Associate
Empire gave it 2/5 - "As a last hurrah for a once great action icon, Rambo: Last Blood is a damp squib. Put your headbands at half mast and remember him from his glory days."

:(

Caporegime
I generally refuse to watch any of these cash-in remakes or actors who are well past it trying to pretend that they're still in their prime. :o

Back
Top Bottom