LG c9 OLED

Soldato
I'm so jelly of your UK electronics pricing. You guys think you get ripped off compared to the Americans and downunder we just get ripped off compared to anyone else basically.

You paid 1674 pounds for the 55 inch C9 which is about $3000 here - except that I had to pay $4000 (2100 pounds) for my 55 inch, and this was on a deep sale and took quite some negotiation from my end.

Soldato
I'm so jelly of your UK electronics pricing. You guys think you get ripped off compared to the Americans and downunder we just get ripped off compared to anyone else basically.

You paid 1674 pounds for the 55 inch C9 which is about $3000 here - except that I had to pay $4000 (2100 pounds) for my 55 inch, and this was on a deep sale and took quite some negotiation from my end.

Yes but look at your bloody weather compared to ours.

Soldato
Associate
LG 2019 OLED TV's become the first panels to support G-Sync over HDMI.

LG has partnered with Nvidia and all 2019 LG OLED TV's will get a G-sync software update in a couple weeks

The LG C9 was already the go to choice for any gamer, this is just drives the nail in the coffin for the C8. Now if you buy a C9 you get 1440p/4k, 120hz AND g-sync

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/lg-oled-tvs-get-nvidia-g-sync-for-smooth-big-screen-gaming

Good news and a reason for me to upgrade my LG OLED at some point. Does make you wonder why people have been paying for G-Sync "modules" if all it takes is a firmware update though. Or is it just using the Adaptive Sync technology it already has?

Soldato
Good news and a reason for me to upgrade my LG OLED at some point. Does make you wonder why people have been paying for G-Sync "modules" if all it takes is a firmware update though. Or is it just using the Adaptive Sync technology it already has?

The gsync hardware module does have it's place. It's variable refresh output is slightly better than VRR/Freesync which are software solutions like Nvidia is implementing via LG TV's.

They all work great, but desktop monitors with a gsync module installed will still have technically the best variable refresh experience.

I believe Nvidia's "g-sync" software for LG 2019 TV's is just them rebranding what is actually knows as "HDMI Forum VRR" - this is a software based variable refresh tech support a refresh range of 40 to 120hz at 4k resolution and HDR.

Soldato
LG 2019 OLED TV's become the first panels to support G-Sync over HDMI.

LG has partnered with Nvidia and all 2019 LG OLED TV's will get a G-sync software update in a couple weeks

The LG C9 was already the go to choice for any gamer, this is just drives the nail in the coffin for the C8. Now if you buy a C9 you get 1440p/4k, 120hz AND g-sync

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/lg-oled-tvs-get-nvidia-g-sync-for-smooth-big-screen-gaming

i can see myself grabbing a 65'' C9 next summer.

Back
Top Bottom