Replace Homehub 6 for similar

Caporegime
If you're happy with the device and just want to change the DNS then pick up a BT Business Smart Hub on eBay for cheap

Associate
You might not be able to change the dns settings in your HH6 but you will be able to disable dhcp, now i assume your want of changing dns is for something like pihole - well just use pihole to broadcast DHCP with your new dns...
Job done.

Associate
OP
You might not be able to change the dns settings in your HH6 but you will be able to disable dhcp, now i assume your want of changing dns is for something like pihole - well just use pihole to broadcast DHCP with your new dns...
Job done.

That's exactly what I'm using it for, to be honest my office could do with a new router anyway so it can have my current HH6.

Associate
Well you dont need to change it, pihole can broadcast whatever DNS you want as dhcp.
In fact i would recomend you use it as piholes interface and monitoring are just plain better.

Associate
OP
Well you dont need to change it, pihole can broadcast whatever DNS you want as dhcp.
In fact i would recomend you use it as piholes interface and monitoring are just plain better.

Just disabled the router DHCP and enabled Pi Holes broadcasting, works a treat. Looks like the office can just have the Smart Hub.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom