The Tesla Thread

Associate
Applied for finance through the Tesla configuration page and was told I'd hear back within 4 working hours. This was on Friday and I still haven't heard anything. The finance partner (Black Horse) say they haven't had anything through whatsoever.

Anyone else had issues with this?

Associate
Good afternoon all,

Has anybody had any updates on their order via NHS fleet solutions? Do we know which lease company they are using to the source, is it Alphabet?

Thanks,
Barry

Right, I've got a fair bit of info sas a few of us have them on order on the FB groups.

I'm not sure where but was it Leaseplan that are the source?

Firstly there's no way of getting a RN, some people on other lease have been able to but a couple of us have tried and it seems NHS Fleet (or in fact Leaseplan?) order them in their name, so Telsa has no way of knowing individual orders. It sounds like once the car/cars are available NHS Fleet are contacted and then individuals are contacted possibly by Telsa, with two weeks notice of delivery and location they want to pick up.

As of today, Tesla has said that some are likely to be in the end of Septemeber allocation as they have NHS Fleet marked as having cars, much like cash orders etc are having dates in the last few days for pickup. They also stated it's very likely to have completed all active NHS Fleet orders by October, so the current NHS FLeet site date of late Nov isn't correct, but you can see why they've set such a long date.

Hope that helps and if we hear any more I'll update here since I know you're on the list too.

Soldato
Applied for finance through the Tesla configuration page and was told I'd hear back within 4 working hours. This was on Friday and I still haven't heard anything. The finance partner (Black Horse) say they haven't had anything through whatsoever.

Anyone else had issues with this?

Not an issue just that it took Tesla I assume longer than 24 hrs to process it. Placed order Wednesday night. Deposit confirmed on Thursday but I don't think I got confirmation until Monday but it was a person phoning me to confirm my details.

Soldato
This has dropped on to the company car scheme for me and my current is due for hand back in September next year. What is the typical lead time? The 0% BIK makes this a no brainer for me, especially as I’ve been paying massive amounts on my 5 series.

Soldato
Right, I've got a fair bit of info sas a few of us have them on order on the FB groups.

How funny that you're here too!

Good afternoon all,

Has anybody had any updates on their order via NHS fleet solutions? Do we know which lease company they are using to source, is it Alphabet?

Thanks,
Barry

Barry I think it comes when it comes and you're lucky if it's when you want it to :(

Soldato
I wouldn't read too much into any Tesla tell you.

Orders are totally random, there is no sense to when you order, pay, how you pay, lease, cash, PCP etc.

Just over on the UK Tesla forums - guy ordered 21 August, picking up tomorrow (SR+ black). Others have been Day 1 reservations (2.5 years ago), ordered the 1st day they went live in May, and don't even have a final invoice/delivery date etc.

I'd be amazed if they are prioritising any suppliers - it's all very much matching cars to individual orders I think - whatever they get they match.

I was given Mid September, then end of the month, spoke to Edinburgh yesterday and now given early October as a possible timeframe

It's pure pot luck - no rhyme or reason to it at all

Soldato
This has dropped on to the company car scheme for me and my current is due for hand back in September next year. What is the typical lead time? The 0% BIK makes this a no brainer for me, especially as I’ve been paying massive amounts on my 5 series.

Makes you wonder if anyone will ever order another BMW or other German engine powered car.

Soldato
My delivery date is now saying 10th September at Heathrow. Company car scheme people dont seem to know whats going on though, and are still asking Tesla for a delivery date. Hope they dont hand mine off to someone else....

Soldato
I've just had credit note 3 and invoice 3 appear in my account. Vin remains the same but Delivery date bumped from 25th September to 1st October on 3rd invoice. Nothing has changed, not made any other payments or anything so why all the invoices/credit notes....so weird

Soldato
Isn't there any incentive to get any delivery date before 31st Oct to avoid any no deal brexit import costs ? so delivery date uncertainty is ok, up to a point.

I still thought this was a liability for imports of VW/Porsche from the EU (where they said it was down to buyer), but maybe not USA made Tesla. https://www.smmt.co.uk/industry-topics/brexit/ etc

Soldato
Isn't there any incentive to get any delivery date before 31st Oct to avoid any no deal brexit import costs ? so delivery date uncertainty is ok, up to a point.

Nope the EU levy a 10% import tariff on finished vehicles from the USA as they still haven't managed to secure a trade deal, also they want to protect the EU car builders. The prices would not change either in or out of the EU as it currently stands.

Soldato
Saw my first one in real life yesterday, was a white SR+ i think. It looked SO much better in person than in pictures and videos, especially the white colour.

I'm going to pop by on the way home today and see if the owner is around for a chat, he's the owner of a local mower retailer who i've bought stuff off in the past so hopefully he won't mind!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I see the Tesla Model 3 was the third highest car for new registrations in August with over 2080 cars registered, and the highest in its class by a huge margin.
Wow, although to me not surprising i suppose, they are absolutely everywhere! I must be seeing 20+ per day at the moment which combined with the number of Model S and X's around makes Tesla a very common sight these days.

Back
Top Bottom