• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

9900KS...

Soldato
news is in on this. October launch, TDP to be confirmed.

from my own personal experience, even with a binned 9900k this could pull up to 200watts at 5GHZ.

considering Intel are throwing rocks at AMD re: boost speeds, Intel need to be careful here if they stick in a ridiculously low TDP number that can't ever be reached and thats why I think the TDP has not been released yet.

Soldato
Intel are marketing the all-core boost clock as being achievable with "normal cooling". It'll be interesting to see what their definition of that is.

Soldato
Assuming you already have a Z390 motherboard then your upgrade path arrived a year ago, there is no difference between the 9900K and 9900KS other than a bit of binning.

Recently moved to Z390 as I wasn't happy with the Z370 board I had. The current 9900's may be able to overclock but I'm lazy and don't feel confident overclocking. I don't want to fettle for hours with things I don't really know about, there is a large appeal for a chip I can buy and it "just work" at those speeds.

Soldato
Recently moved to Z390 as I wasn't happy with the Z370 board I had. The current 9900's may be able to overclock but I'm lazy and don't feel confident overclocking. I don't want to fettle for hours with things I don't really know about, there is a large appeal for a chip I can buy and it "just work" at those speeds.
It's hassle only the real dedicated enthusiasts seek :). The days of slapping an easy 10% clock speed on have long gone.
I spent a whole lot of time, learning as I went overclocking the 9900K but despite lots of testing there was still an occasional instability. For the 5ghz I was aiming for and my uses I decided it wasn't worth the effort.2-300mhz in it.

I'd prefer a 10 core Z390 part personally with the 8 9900K clockspeeds than the higher clocking 8 core :).

Back
Top Bottom