Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
giphy.gif

Soldato
I actually prefer the look of the X3 to the X4.

Congrats on the purchase though.

Z4 to X4 is a depressing change of pace though!

Yeah a lot of people told me the same thing, I just preferred the sloping roof. The 25 litre sacrifice to the boot space isn't immediately noticeable either.

It was depressing going from a naturally aspirated straight 6 petrol to a 2l turbo diesel but the added practicality and the auto gearbox/nifty toys make up for it. :)

Associate
Yeah a lot of people told me the same thing, I just preferred the sloping roof. The 25 litre sacrifice to the boot space isn't immediately noticeable either.

Just to note when comparing the boot space/size, the official figures list the boot capacity up to the parcel shelf/cover - eg. completely ignoring the actual extra space in an estate/hatchback vs. a coupe/saloon style bodyshape.

Had the same argument with someone when we bought our Octavia vRS where they said the estate was 'pointless' because it had a boot only 5l bigger than the hatchback, which was obviously not the case. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Chopped the Z4 in for a new X4 in sophistico grey earlier in the week. Umm'd and ahh'd between this and the Alfa Romeo Stelvio but got a better deal for the X4. I know the coupe/SUV looks aren't for everyone but I love it. Went for the 20d as plenty of power for the motorway and the auto gearbox is the best I've used.

ScB5bQZ.jpg

vGKNb0j.jpg

Nice car. Enjoy.

Ignore the haters.

Soldato
I'm sure it's a nice vehicle and each to their own and all that. I just feel SUV's are the latest fad that everyone has to have. They don't really do anything a decent sized car won't and they are ugly and handle poorly to boot. Add to that they clutter up car parks with their bulk. Just not my cup of tea at all :(

Caporegime
Or just they are better cars that offer more to what the driver needs and they don’t care about feeling superior ?

No. The higher centre of gravity will always compromise the handling of the vehicle. The larger frontal area will increase the drag coefficient. The raised floor level will impact boot capacity. They offer less than a comparable hatch on which they're frequently based.

Caporegime
Mere opinions but there is no doubt they are massively more comfortable.

Why does handling or drag matter if they aren’t what you are looking for in a car. (Sports car and eco machine )

Caporegime
Mere opinions but there is no doubt they are massively more comfortable.

Why does handling or drag matter if they aren’t what you are looking for in a car. (Sports car and eco machine )

Handling happens when you turn a corner, and we all drive on the same roads with the same corners. So better handling is better handling. For a larger car with a higher centre of gravity you will need to slow down more in order to get around the same corner. By slowing down more you have to then uses more fuel in order to get back up to speed and that needs energy.

Drag matters because at any given speed the one with less drag will use less fuel and thus more fuel efficient.

Physics applies to all cars, not just sports cars.

Last edited:
Soldato
So many judgemental people in here :rolleyes: It's just a car at the end of the day ;)

I'm just enjoying not having to feel every pothole on the road and getting in and out is a lot more forgiving on the knees.

Back
Top Bottom