Whos got a Kawasaki ER6F?

Associate
Hi,

Quick question if anyone can give me some motivation on this. I am going to go and view a ER6F 2006 model today in the evening and I really dont know if I am going to be too short for the bike or if the bike will be okay. I am 5ft 4 with a leg in seam of 28 inches. I weight around 85kg hopefully my weight can press the rear shock down a bit to lower the bike more. What is it like to grab the handlebars on the ER6F? Do you have to lean a lot or just a bit? Because im so short, I went to see a SV650 2005 model which has a ride height of 800mm, I could literally just about tip toe on it and when I went to grab the handle bars, the bars where so far and low, my chest was hitting the tank!

Just wondering if anyone has a ER6F OLD shape please and is short like me that can give me an idea if I am wasting time and money to travel an hour away to see a bike which may not fit me or should it be fine?

Thanks.

Soldato
I can't talk about the ER6F in particular, but Kawasakis generally tend to be a good fit for short people. The cut down seat tends to sit you inside the bike, rather than on top of it. It just seems to be their design philosophy. Can't you try visiting your local dealer to try a few for size before travelling for a private sale?

Edit: Seat height is listed as 30.9 inches. So once you add your feet to your inseam, and some boots, you should be okay, as long as your arms aren't tiny.

Soldato
Edit: Seat height is listed as 30.9 inches. So once you add your feet to your inseam, and some boots, you should be okay, as long as your arms aren't tiny.

If his chest was against the tank on an SV650 to be able to reach the bars, I'm visualising hassy as some kind of human T-rex.

Associate
OP
Got it! Thank you very much for all your support! Went to view it and wow is it a lovely well looked after bike! Perfect for me.. The seat height I can manage about half my feet on the floor and the handlebar reach is perfect! Bike was well looked after and its the black and red edition! Only 17k miles on it, no faults and came with an extra battery, a data tool alarm fitted and a kawasaki top box! All for £1500. I definately hear you on the vibration of the fairing as it does vibrate!

Man of Honour
Sounds like you got a good deal.

I done my training on one and don't remember them being massively vibey but then I did move onto an SV straight after passing which can definitely rattle some teeth.

Back
Top Bottom