OcUK Dadsnet thread

NVP

NVP

Soldato
When my wife was pregnant with our youngest, we were told at 10 weeks she had miscarried by the midwife, she was adamant. She couldn't find the heartbeat and mentioned the sac hadn't grown since the last time we had gone in. We went home that night distraught and drunk a lot of alcohol! We were booked in again within a few days to be given the 'tablet' to take after a re scan. It turned out the baby was indeed there with heart beat. It was a bit of an emotional roller coaster. Fast forward to yesterday and he's just started Nursery
Bloody hell! Emotional rollercoaster indeed!

I passed my test in 1991 so have BE
Damn, I was 6! :D

Don
Kids went back to school this week!

Wife is very happy! And to be fair they need the mental stimulation for a good nights sleep

My wife went back to work after being off for 15 months so she wasn't very happy. The 4 year old started primary school and it's like getting blood from a stone in terms of how he got on. "Good", "Yes", "Can't remember" are his token answers to all open ended questions.

Associate
My wife went back to work after being off for 15 months so she wasn't very happy. The 4 year old started primary school and it's like getting blood from a stone in terms of how he got on. "Good", "Yes", "Can't remember" are his token answers to all open ended questions.

Don't expect much more, my daughter 13 says the same and my son 11 who just started secondary school says the same it's either good or can't remember.

Don

It doesn't improve, the only answers I get from my 7 year old about his day is "I can't remember", even if you ask him what he had for lunch :D :D

Soldato
Just picked my 5 year old daughter up from school and when I asked how her day was she answered "fine" and I asked what she learnt today to which she replied "lots" :(

NVP

NVP

Soldato
My wife went back to work after being off for 15 months so she wasn't very happy
My wifey has been on maternity since early 2017 and still saying she wants another year yet! Dosser :p

Just picked my 5 year old daughter up from school and when I asked how her day was she answered "fine" and I asked what she learnt today to which she replied "lots" :(
All this is disheartening. I'm currently at the "Park, Momma, woof." and "Garden, shoe shoe, bubble" stage when I ask what he did today :)

Soldato
My wifey has been on maternity since early 2017 and still saying she wants another year yet! Dosser :p

All this is disheartening. I'm currently at the "Park, Momma, woof." and "Garden, shoe shoe, bubble" stage when I ask what he did today :)

Does get any better, I have 2 teenage sons and they don't seem to say much about anything, unless they want to be dropped off with their mates etc

Associate
When my wife was pregnant with our youngest, we were told at 10 weeks she had miscarried by the midwife, she was adamant. She couldn't find the heartbeat and mentioned the sac hadn't grown since the last time we had gone in. We went home that night distraught and drunk a lot of alcohol!

Had a similar experience - went in for the scan to see what might need to be done with the foetus after miscarriage only to be told it was actually fine, she hadn't miscarried and be shown the heart beating. He started secondary school this week!

Soldato
Little man was winding down ready to go to bed, wandering around upstairs while my wife and I are chatting. Walk into the bathroom to see him stood up and peeing into his potty. We've shown him on and off for months how to do it and without being vulgar, he's seen me pee a few times.

Cue a happy dance, high fives all round and hugs/kisses so he knows he did the right thing. Quite happy with the progress, he's about 2 years, 4 months.

Weird how these little moments make you buzz and feel so proud.

Soldato
Little man was winding down ready to go to bed, wandering around upstairs while my wife and I are chatting. Walk into the bathroom to see him stood up and peeing into his potty. We've shown him on and off for months how to do it and without being vulgar, he's seen me pee a few times.

Cue a happy dance, high fives all round and hugs/kisses so he knows he did the right thing. Quite happy with the progress, he's about 2 years, 4 months.

Weird how these little moments make you buzz and feel so proud.
Wow that's early. We just started a few weeks ago and my son turned 3 today. Neither of us shut the door for a wee, although I've not mentioned to him about standing up, I reckon his accuracy might be poor so I'm happy for him to sit:D.

Soldato
I wouldn't say he was accurate :D
Just reinforces my thinking that he should sit, although its laminate around the toilet i'm not sure he'd reach it standing up even on a step. He does make us laugh though, sometimes when he just in y-fronts, half a cheek is on show and he starts running round telling us his bum is poking out:p. They're so funny at this age.

Soldato
Just reinforces my thinking that he should sit, although its laminate around the toilet i'm not sure he'd reach it standing up even on a step. He does make us laugh though, sometimes when he just in y-fronts, half a cheek is on show and he starts running round telling us his bum is poking out:p. They're so funny at this age.

If we take our time with him around bed/bath time, he will sit down on the potty but if nothing happens quick, he's back up and running around. However as I mentioned, because he's seen me standing, he wants to copy daddy and stand. :) This was the first time he's done it without any prompting, i'd say he probably got 70% of it in the potty.

Soldato
Finding a dentist who will take the boy on as a new NHS patient is proving a nightmare. It's ridiculous, I would have thought for kids it would be provided/made reservations for.
Totally opposite for us, they took George on at 8 months old and arranged a checkup for when he turned 1 year old.

Soldato
Totally opposite for us, they took George on at 8 months old and arranged a checkup for when he turned 1 year old.
Our ten month old has 5 teeth through and counting, I'd like to get him checked soonest. We've tried 5 practices and none of them are accepting new NHS patients. I'd understand if it was a capacity issue, but if you pay to go privately they'll take you.

Back
Top Bottom