Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Seconded. Ultra Cut Compound I think it's called. 3M FastCut is also very good.

No, Raymond means Meguiars Ultimate Compound, which is the 'consumer' variant of the Ultra Cut Compound - otherwise known as Meguiars 105. Ultimate Compound has less bite, and also finishes down better to leave a more glossy and refined finish. Meguiars 105 will generally have more cut and require a polish afterwards to remove the compound marks it leaves (which is where its sister product Meguairs 205 comes in).

NVP

NVP

Soldato
What does it do that an X3 doesn't do better?
Looks. Only old people by X3's and that's only because they can't fit their dog in the X1
Psychology. Being higher makes the users feel superior to other road users.
Where as you already know you are superior, hey? Being high is the only way to live :D

Back to the Insignia though the only area I believe it loses out is headroom however try and keep in mind that 6ft4 is waaaaay above average. Not everyone is a freaky giant like you and as I said, and you quoted "few need" them. Not nobody needs them
Oh, now it makes sense. Little man complex.

Handling happens when you turn a corner, and we all drive on the same roads with the same corners. So better handling is better handling. For a larger car with a higher centre of gravity you will need to slow down more in order to get around the same corner. By slowing down more you have to then uses more fuel in order to get back up to speed and that needs energy.
Bro, it's a BMW not a bloody land cruiser. BMW SUVs have been out handling most things since the X5 first came out.

The 6 series was what drove me to buy a DA. That thing was gigantic.
You owned a bimma but cleaned it yourself? What's become of the world...

Caporegime
Ok... :confused: I thought this was a place for people who new about cars?

Knew. Actually the correct word is know, present tense.

And physics is still physics.

A Ferrari is Enzo always going to have better aero dynamics and less air resistance and lower centre of gravity than any BMW SUV, despite the BMW badge. Physics don’t go “oooh sorry, it doesn’t apply to you because it says X5 on it”.

Swap Enzo with 3 series the point still stands.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
And physics is still physics.

A Ferrari is Enzo always going to have better aero dynamics and less air resistance and lower centre of gravity than any BMW SUV, despite the BMW badge. Physics don’t go “oooh sorry, it doesn’t apply to you because it says X5 on it”.

Swap Enzo with 3 series the point still stands.
Quite obviously. Bit your post was about everyone driving the same roads and same corners. I assumed that to be every day cars. And an X will out handle most of the common trash out there.

Knew. Actually the correct word is know, present tense.
Chill out REDACTED it was a typo. Is this how you get your jollies?

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Then you will understand why a SUV will have to slow down more than a 3 series approaching at the same corner and that the SUV will need more fuel to accelerate and move than a 3 series, giving all things being equal like engine size.

That is my point.
That's your current point. Your initial point was just to poo poo the X's handling straight off.m because it is an SUV.
Handling happens when you turn a corner, and we all drive on the same roads with the same corners. So better handling is better handling. For a larger car with a higher centre of gravity you will need to slow down more in order to get around the same corner.
Know mention of a 3 series there? The X4 will corner tighter than a lot of your every day cars. Drive one.

Zim zimma, raymond needs some keys to a bimma

Caporegime
That’s always been my point, follow the conversation...don’t read my post in isolation, pick and choose what you want to quote and argue with.

And SUV has higher centre of gravity and higher air resistance, of course to a car like a 3 series, I hardly going to compare it to Optimus Prime am I?

And it’s not about how it feels to drive, it’s about physics! It’s like we are having 2 different conversation here.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I guess I missed that then hey.

Even still, it'd hardly be noticable to your every day driver in their 2.0d. The x4 isn't an Escalade.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
And it’s not about how it feels to drive, it’s about physics! It’s like we are having 2 different conversation here.
Didn't see your ninja edit. Not really, bogging down in the physics to that degree with today's premium cars is pretty pointless when it's a base spec buyer.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Bloody hell man, where do you shop??! :D

Auto?

Edit: oh it's a Lex LS? So only auto I guess. How much? Mileage?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom